Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Heard an interesting conversation on the HF band this morning

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    My coax is rolled up right now... Need to work on the antenna, but the TenTec is still ready to fire up.

EB
    Did you ever get that Mike?
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

.-//...-/./.-./-.--//--.../...--//-/---//.-/.-../.-..//---/-.//-/...././/-.../---/.-/.-./-..

Orangetom

Friday ...before I left work...I recharged both of my Baofeng BF F8HP walkie talkies and the spare batteries for them....four each.

Also charged up my Tecsun PL 368 Short wave set and the four spare batteries kept for it. Then re wrapped it in aluminum foil and all this electronic gear kept in a metal locker.

I have been repeating cycle this on occasion.

I also charged up my nuclear dosimeter I keep in my pocket daily...Just in case.

I want to know what is the normal background at places I frequent for business...Lowes/Home Depot, the bank, the auto parts store....the grocery store.....etc etc....et al......and should anything be detected outside this normal baseline. Anything awry.

This to have an idea what is the normal background around most places I am want to frequent about town.

This model dosimeter here..

https://www.amazon.com/Radiation-Det...zcF9hdGY&psc=1

To my surprise ...these devices have actually come down in price of late...they were at first about 50 bucks each.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.