Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coleman Camp Stove

Coleman fuel (AKA white gas) is actually naptha, one of the components of what is called gasoline. It generally stores quite well, but I keep the metal cans sealed with their original seals, just to be sure. I've used Coleman fuel that is really, really old (like 30 years or more) without trouble.

And the Coleman white gas stoves are great! Spare parts are commonly available, and they are easy to repair if needed. One thing I have for all of mine (I have 5 or 6 of different ages and sizes) is an adapter that allows use of propane cylinders instead of the tank and white gas - it fits into the same spot as the tank generator, and stows in the stove http://www.amazon.com/StanSport-185-...ve+accessories

In his experience the hammer head is better

Awesome thank you so much for the info. Fidel that is awesome I will be buying one of those for sure.
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

For the Love of Cats

I save my seafoam 'cans' and fill them with my naptha jugs... then add a durlon seal, and store them accordingly. the cans are perfect for a weekend camping trip, store beautifully, and are easy to fill from!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Ill have to try Naptha, only been buying camp gas...

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel MD View Post
    Coleman fuel (AKA white gas) is actually naptha, one of the components of what is called gasoline. It generally stores quite well, but I keep the metal cans sealed with their original seals, just to be sure. I've used Coleman fuel that is really, really old (like 30 years or more) without trouble.

And the Coleman white gas stoves are great! Spare parts are commonly available, and they are easy to repair if needed. One thing I have for all of mine (I have 5 or 6 of different ages and sizes) is an adapter that allows use of propane cylinders instead of the tank and white gas - it fits into the same spot as the tank generator, and stows in the stove http://www.amazon.com/StanSport-185-...10402134&sr=8-15&keywords=coleman+stove+accessories

take it step further and get an adapter to hook up the large 5 gallon (20lb) BBQ tanks .... pays to have re-fill adapter for those small 1lb tanks .... fill them from the 5 gallon tanks and save a ton of $$$$$$

I too have a propane adapter, and use it from time to time, I bought mine at WalMart about 10 years ago, and it has ALWAYS worked flawlessly!

I have used it both from 1lb baby tanks and 20lb BBQ tanks with hose, works a full treat!

The propane adapter adds to the flexibility of an already awesome stove!

I am totally sold on ALL Coleman products, even though the newer stuff is not the same as the vintage, I have continued to be 100% satisfied!

I have 1 Coleman stoves, 2 military gas lanterns, 2 civilian gas lanterns and 2 propane lanterns... NONE of which has EVER failed me yet!

GO COLEMAN!

EB

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    assuming it is out of date... what does it cost you to re-cert a tank down there???
    Hmm... I dont... If I get an old tank I take it to the local stop-n-rob that has the tank swap stand outside, the cashier never knows the difference (between old style tank and new style tank).
    I swap tanks for $19, end of story.

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

For the Love of Cats

*blush* I do that too.

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Crotch Rocket

I just found a two burner propane stove for $20, but its missing some parts. I know I need a pressure regulator, so my question is: what else do I need?

Oh, I almost forgot, my boss found me checking it out and told me he has the kerosene version at home that he'll bring in and give to me
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

sweet score from the boss! Don't know about the propane ones, so good luck, and post up what you find out. I may be looking for an adapter too.

Before I squeek the nickle, NAPTHA from the hardware store is the SAME as CAMP/WHITE gas??

TIA-
    EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"