Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Day

For the Love of Cats

I have been tested, and show lethal allergies to Wasps, Hornets, and Yellow Jackets, but zero allergies towards bees.

17 times... I wouldn't want to chance that... I would be in a full suit any time I was near them, just in case.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    I have been tested, and show lethal allergies to Wasps, Hornets, and Yellow Jackets, but zero allergies towards bees.

17 times... I wouldn't want to chance that... I would be in a full suit any time I was near them, just in case.
    good deal! it wasn't that bad. after the first 2-3, pain is pain. in my thread on bees, just read the disclaimer. my girls are like 'puppies', could really care what i am doing. some fly in and land on my head, shoulder,etc. this new colony that i found, i am coming to believe they are just a 'swarm' from my original hive. i will shoot some pictures tomorrow of what's going on with them. took me a little longer to get them moved/set up than i would have liked. that's life.

now decide what you want. Langstroth, Top Bar Hive or Warre Hive.

just remember, after you get them set up and time to acclimate to the area, spend time with them. you don't always have to open up the hive or even touch it. just sit 10-15 ft away and let them hear, smell and get to know your attitude. never, never go out and do anything with them if you are PISSED OFF! they feel it.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    what is the relation of bees to wasps and hornets? if there are a plethora of bees around will that discourage the others? Right now I have found two hives, one hornets and one wasps... both about the size of volleyballs.

I am deathly allergic to these bastards, will bees help keep them away, or would it go the other way. I kill off several hives like this each year, and they always come back... will bees help, or will they drive the bees off?
    I have an epi pen just for you!!!
    I apologize for nothing...

Bacon saver

To be honest she's just looking for someone to stab with an epi pen and for some reason you seem to be on the top of the list............I wonder why? Feel the rush brother, feel the rush!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    To be honest she's just looking for someone to stab with an epi pen and for some reason you seem to be on the top of the list............I wonder why? Feel the rush brother, feel the rush!
    wow, bad woman! yes sir, Feel the rush Brother, Feel the rush! or so i am told. never had the pleasure.

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    No worries. I used to carry an ana-kit, which was a predecessor to the epipen. basically a syringe with 2-1/2 doses of epinephine. when they expired I used them for recreational purposes! A wired up Sniper-T can kitty hunt for days on end...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do you have a robot?
    That is pretty amazing that they pick up on your mood. I never knew you had to acclimatize them to you.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    That is pretty amazing that they pick up on your mood. I never knew you had to acclimatize them to you.
    this is just what i have seen and believe. they can distinguish between shapes and colors as well. they are no different than others in the animal kingdom. i have referred to mine as 'puppies', if your in a bad mood a dog will give you space until it feels comfortable that you feel better. if your afraid of a dog, it senses that at well.

12 day update. all are well and feeding like starving children. i sat with them about 30 min, today and noticed they are out getting pollen. so it means they have made a home and plan on staying.

Where's the epi?

That is just so freakin cool!
    I apologize for nothing...