Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clotting Agents

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    true but i was reading on celox that you can keep it packed until it starts to heal and just let it heal as an open wound, so long as you pack it. removal of it is just water. vs scrubbing out the quikclot.
    uh duh! lol. I guess the google part of my brain fell asleep for a while
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

finally pooped
    lol, sorry. spouting off what seems relevant to the discussion as I research more and more. Bad habit of mine. I wish I could talk to people who actually use it and not just train on it/produce it.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    The problem with those of us that have used it, is that we do not get to see the after-effects of its use. I have used Celox, QuikClot, both in granule form, and the Quikclot in both granule and gauze form, and it works at stopping bleeding, but as far as what is done with it once the person is medvac'ed, well, I have no experience in that aspect.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

finally pooped
    fair enough. might just have to wait till it becomes more popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    I appreciate your assumption that I have no idea how to use clotting agents. I have however already attended first responder, emergency combat medic and advanced trauma classes. They cover Quikclot in gauze form.

My original post was to see if anyone knew what the different type was called. Answered=Celox.

Afterwards it continued in the removal of it and how in depth you needed to be. This is a SHTF forum. I don't count on having any medical assistance for removal. Thus the classes and digging for information. I want someone who has REAL world experience with it. Hearing what everyone says about it is nice but unless it's been used we personally have no idea. I have had to use Quikclot personally and the removal almost made me wish I had never used it. That's why I am looking at alternatives.

I disagree with your statement about never using the granules. Granule form with these is as effective if not more than the gauze due to the ability to insert it into a wound without causing increased trauma. The reason it was discontinued with Quikclot is because of the thermobaric effect and wind blowing it in soldier's eyes due to carelessness/needed speed.
    When i went through the TCCC course the first time a few years ago it was explained why granules were ditched, as well as the thermobaric version of CQ. They explained this by showing the history. First someone observed how pouring instant mashed potatoes into something would quickly soak up the blood and expand. This helped accelerate clotting. Then Quick Clots thermobaric effect granules went into use. During this use, it went blowing all over getting in eyes causing issues. The long term negative of this was when people who had the granules poured in a wound had blood clots as a result of it getting in the blood stream and clotting arteries. Hence the impregnated gauze that is the only way approved by the CoTCCC currently.

When the thermobaric effects of old QuicClot were complained about, Celox's non thermobaric product gained ground. Now both companies and North American Rescue sell Hemostatic infused gauze that is non thermobaric.

I personally do not have any granules, nor do I recommend it since my training and instructors in TCCC have all made it clear the negatives to using it.

Happy to hear you are trained in your listed classes. Since I didn't see anything in your original post I threw that training line out, like I do whenever replying to medical questions.