Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ebola now in the states

For the Love of Cats

locked and loaded
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Here in Winnipeg they have one of the world's leading virology lab, jam packed with all types of nasty goodies.... Including Ebola, which they have been researching to find cures, vaccines, blah blah blah.

In one of their studies they placed caged pigs under caged monkeys with a space in between the two so no direct contact could be made. They also put an air intake near the monkey cage so that all air would be sucked by the monkeys. They then 100% infected the pigs with Ebola. Results? Every monkey, without direct contact, became infected through aerosol transmission... Piggy sneezes.

They redid the test, this time with infect monkeys in cages over non infected monkeys. No transmission.

Take what you want from that.... Thought I would just throw it out there

I'll most likely shit myself

Confirmation ed case in New York city. Dr just returned from Africa went to hospital with a 103 fever. From what I saw he took 3 sure way lines and a taxi to get there. Went bowling the night before.
    Are people really that insane?

CC Gray Panther
    Yep

I know here in the west the chances of a serious outbreak are very slim due to our tech, science and infrastructure.... But none of that means squat when people (and the system) play fast and loose with it. It amazes me how I hear daily ,"wow, that Ebola, eh? It's crazy scary" then I see them touching hand rails, turning on the kardashians, and thinking 'it can't happen here'.

I can't even say that we have lost our vigilance, because I don't think we have ever had it. Sure as individuals some of us do, but as a societical collective we don't. We are reactive, and that apathy is what is going to kill us, not Ebola.