Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Day Of Wrath by William Forstchen

Bacon saver

Read the book.........think about who's in office and you just know he'd screw us over, my take CH 14 would result in civil war.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Do you have a robot?
    Okay now you guys have got my interest. So I just got and won't get anything done today now..........

Do you have a robot?
    The book is a quick read I finished it since my last post. It is unusual since I normally would not just drop everything and start reading a new book. It held my interest and was up setting at times. Having read "Terror at Beslan" and attended several speakers on the subject this book hits home. I used to work for a company which trained tactical teams. The guy who I worked for would always say this is what we are training for. It is similar to those scenarios which we ran through before 9/11 regarding airplanes. All we can do is respond the best we can and hope for the best. I truly believe, as it has shown in the past, someone standing up against this type of group, being in the right place at the right time with the right equipment can make a difference.

"The lack of transparency will allow us to get it through easier."

I certainly hope not.................

I have still yet to grow a brain
    I really had an eyeopening with OSA. It was well written. DOW is definitely on my to get ASAP list.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I still need to read this
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    I still need to read this
    I have an extra copy and will be glad to send your way....just let me know. I just sent a copy to my prepper buddy in south Florida and he loved it and is passing his copy to friends at the EMC in his county to read.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

I just read this book. Started Sunday evening, finished Monday. Went home very sad and depressed. Thought about it as I drove my daily commute down the interstate. Really made me think. My son is in 1st grade, ended up spending the night in his room with him.
    How do you prep for something like that? Like OSA, just far too real, and far too possible.
    As for the ending, I would not put it past the current "leadership", but if it lasted more than a week, I think there would be major civil unrest.
    I am now lending my copy to friends and coworkers.

I'll most likely shit myself

Finally got around to reading this tonight. Extremely likely scenario IMO. Chapter 14, I think he's just waiting on such an opportunity.

I'll leave this to others to decide so as not to spoil the book for folks who have not read this yet, but I would like to see a discussion of this entire book on the forum. I think there are several lessons to be learned.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13
    Read the book.........think about who's in office and you just know he'd screw us over, my take CH 14 would result in civil war.
    It is my opinion that, given their conduct to date, this regime in general, and BHO in particular, would do anything if they thought it furthered their ends.

Including declaration of martial law, and use of weapons of mass destruction against American civilians.

I read the eBook in one evening. The shortest book he's written yet. I think it could have been longer and opened up into a much better story than it did. It left me kind of hanging...I was actually surprised it ended so abruptly.

It was a good read though and was as if I was reading things ripped from the headlines of the daily news.....especially when you consider the Radical Islamist that just shot up all those military members at the recruiting stations in Tennessee!

As a Iraq war veteran with 14 years service and currently in law enforcement, it really hit home with me.

Although a short read, it was well worth it.

I highly suggest it to anyone.

The book I'm REALLY looking forward to reading by this author is his sequel to "One Second After", entitled "One Year After". It's out now.