Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 40 phone was good to me tonight!

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    TenTec 445, I think it is...
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    TenTec 445, I think it is...
    544, maybe?

http://www.tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=modelcodes

544 was caled the Triton, until some oh-how-dreadful wanted to sue T-T over it. SO they went ahead and called it the "Model 544" and had done. Wonder if said OHD is suing the International Astronomical Union for naming of one of Neptune's moons Triton as well....

Anywho... interesting to see T-T is still running a wiki site even though they closed up shop. Few outfits out there these days with that much class.

Kesephist
    KI7CIL, General-class

Bacon saver

I have been running a TYT TH-9800 it's a quad band and it's been working great since October, I use the cross band repeater every week to connect three counties on simplex and have been working the below the 2m "allocated frequencies" $205 on Amazon Prime. Need to play with the 6 and 11 meter some more but I need a few players in order to do that. OH, and after frying the "MFJ" battery booster the thing works great without it! (this is the feedback I'm getting)

Now I also have the Yaesu FT-857 that has everything UHF/VHF/HF (pricey) but I can shoot the moon with that on HF, again if there are any players out there we need to link up on the net..................which I've been saying for years
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    I have been running a TYT TH-9800 it's a quad band and it's been working great since October, I use the cross band repeater every week to connect three counties on simplex and have been working the below the 2m "allocated frequencies" $205 on Amazon Prime. Need to play with the 6 and 11 meter some more but I need a few players in order to do that. OH, and after frying the "MFJ" battery booster the thing works great without it! (this is the feedback I'm getting)

Now I also have the Yaesu FT-857 that has everything UHF/VHF/HF (pricey) but I can shoot the moon with that on HF, again if there are any players out there we need to link up on the net..................which I've been saying for years
    Still working on my man/bikepack rig using a RS HTX-10, a 1/2 wave dipole, and a deepcell marine battery. LMK when and where best.

Kesephist

KI7CIL, General-class

Bacon saver

OK so I take you are up and running on 10M?

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Yes, I stand corrected...

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/735

Old radio, still runs awesome!!!
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    OK so I take you are up and running on 10M?
    On Tuesdays and Wednesdays, for now. my days off.

Bacon saver

OK, who do I meet on what band, give me a PM and we'll work it out.....I'm hoping?

may be in trouble

I'll be on 28.450 MHz USB Tuesdays and Wednesdays for the forseeable. 10am to 2PM PDT (1pm - 5pm EDT).

Still looking about for a 40m dipole, and when that is in hand, I'll appreciate knowing what mode and frq you all will be on. Time and days will stay the same.

If there are more available times in these two days, I would appreciate knowing them as well.

Kesephist
    KI7CIL

may be in trouble

Well, the follow up...

Ran Tuesday in the apt with the dipole set up in the livng room. No joy at all there.

Wednesday went outdoors to a local park to set up and the mast crashed, and spent the rest of the session trying to repair in 100 degrees.

Trying again next Tuesday and Wednesday, hopefully this time provisioned with a 10-40 meter screwdriver antenna.

Additional news: got a IC-735 from off of QRZ.com. LOTS of docs incl. both users and service manual. BIg a nd heavy, definitely a base radio.