Thread: Check the Tomatoes stupid

Do you have a robot?

Check the Tomatoes stupid

So we planted tomatoes a few years back and did not get much. For whatever reason our tomatoes just did not come out well. We would only get a few nice red ones but they were never very big. We tried everything we just figured we did not have the proper heat of summer. We did get cherry tomatoes but you can't can them, well I guess you can but it would take too much time. Then last year one of the guys game me some heirloom tomatoes to try. Well guess what they went to shit too. Fast forward this year I go to work I built some nice raised beds for just tomatoes and my artichokes. I put on drip and went to town getting them all just right, I plant some nice heirlooms and what happens.....no ripe tomatoes.....they appeared to be rotting on the vine. I had a bunch of work and could not put time in the garden. My wife when out and cut one open. Guess what? It was nice and blood red inside. My heirloom tomatoes are not suppose to be nice and red, they are a little green when they are ripe...........stupid.....stupid.....stupid....pou nd head against the wall.

So after taking a look at some of your other threads I'm going to harvest some of the seeds for next year.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Wow your plants are having some issues it seems. Make you an offer. If you want to PM me your address I will mail you some of my seeds. Let me go down and see what what I can come up with for varieties. Give me a few minutes.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    OK realist,

Limited on the varieties. The one I swear buy are the San Marzano Tomato pole variety. The San Marzano is the best to make tomato sauces with. Plant 3 seeds every 24 inches, 3' spacing between rows, 5-10 days needed to emerge, thin when 2" tall. This is a gourmet chef's favorite world wide.

If you want to research it here is the official name Lycopersicon lycopersicum.

I don't have details on when to plant this but start it inside is a better way of doing it.

This is my basement Aquponic system. The video shows my 150 gallon tank that has 6 male Blue Tilapia in it. They are small here but this was 6 months ago 4 of them are now 12"-14" in length. And 2 were babes they are all plate sized and bigger now

http://vid1279.photobucket.com/album...ps21c024eb.mp4

These are pics taken tonight of my 3rd crop that I have grown in this system it runs year round.

[IMG][/IMG]