Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a new ride...

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

We are in the process of looking for a new to us vehicle. We found some isuzu rodeo's for good prices. Under 3g for some decent ones. Now mileage will probably not break 20mpg.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    Yeah I can be lenient on MPG here. Relaibility and other factors are more important. Could even maybe consider a little better on price also.

Dodge d50 would be nice if it was extend cab. But they aren't =/. I may look at a full size half ton also. Gotta see.... I am also seing Isuzu rodeos for under 5k. But don't know much about them.

I'll most likely shit myself

Never owned one, but they have been around forever on the foreign markets. Ba k in the day they made the motors for the old Chevy Lov Trucks.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 12-17-2014 at 11:15 PM.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

The 2000 rodeo has a honda 3.2 engine with a chevrolet 4l60 transmission.

We just picked up a toyota rav4 for the wife. I think we got a great deal on it.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    I had an Isuzu Rodeo for a while, same as the Honda Passport...

Anywho, I totally loved it. It sat too low for a deep snow, but otherwise it was a quite a pleasure to drive and was reliable for the duration I had it.

Ive parked the WarWagon because it needs too much ($$) to keep it on the road, I just bought a '97 Jeep Grand.. Also have a 2" lift to put on it (budget boost kit). It rides damn nice and comfy.. Not quite the off road warrior the Blazer is, but its a nice Jeep and should be pretty reliable.

My ZJ gets 14.5 MPG with a mix of city and highway every day. Not superb, but typical of just about any 4X4 in that size.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

For the Love of Cats

EB, details on the lift please... my toy is allergic to ground...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    If you can get your hands on a Toy 4 Runner there will be no disappointment. We have a 2006 Toyota Four Runner Limited V8 with 140K reg maint and tires. I drive city and highway constantly and average 16MPG. And the new ones have 18/22 City/Highway sadly they are a little more than 5K for new. Had to correct the MPG put 20 gallons in and get 320 miles with bout 1/2 gallon left.
    http://www.toyota.com/4Runner/

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    So I am strongly considering a 90-99 Toyota 4 runner. they match MOST of the ill for me. I can get them 2500-5005 and still be in good shape. Only issue will be MPG but they are still better than the big diesel I have. And if I only spend 2-3k on one it leaves me some fix er up monies. for roof rack and such.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Sniper, pick your poison.. 2" or 3"...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...758&mfe=search

This is NOT a complete lift... but WILL give you some lift. Off road will be a little better.

For a PROPER lift, you will want to have longer radius arms, proper shocks, sway bar drop brackets, sway bar disconnect AND longer break lines.

Ive run a 2" budget boost on my older square body Cherokee before, it road damn near factory, looked a LOT better and did a little better off road.

I am looking to do a 3.5" proper lift in the future... all new springs, etc.. however that is at leat $1,000 to do it RIGHT.

I personally wouldnt go over 2" with a budget boost, but YMMV.

Dont forget, no matter what route you take, get a front end alignment when done.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"