Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Organizing into groups

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat
    Thank you for the clarification. James is one "amigo" (for lack of a better term). I've identified Stormy and Illini as the other two. Am I incorrect on either?

I believe your contention with Stormy lies in this thread, correct? I have not found anything from Illini that may cause any. Will you explain his inclusion, please?
    I have no contention with Stormfeather.

Illini I regard rather little, save that it seems likely to me that he'd side with Jimmy. Can't hang a number or a name on it; just a feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat
    I will say that from an adminiatrative point of view your approach is raising red flags for me. I will expand upon that further after doing my due diligence in investigating this and after the completion of some pressing matters at home. Likely no earlier than tomorrow.
    Do YOU have any solutions about this? Should a prepper be having doubts like this?

For the Love of Cats

I may be out of line here, and if so... I apologize profusely to our members who have served and granted me the right to sit back beside my fire with a rum and comment...

I believe that God gave us PTSS for a reason... I believe that it is his 'conscience' that he bestowed upon us. When 'we' make peace with him/ourselves we will have made peace with our individual PTSS. Sound stupid? Think about it... It really isn't. Ones who do not suffer from PTSS.. are the ones I worry about... for they, and they alone have no conscious! Truly, individuals to be feared!

A million years ago, a street person once asked me, "If he didn't die, what would have been the outcome?" "I would be dead" I answered. "yes you, and how many more?"

perspective!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

finally pooped
    Ptss? Ptsd?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

For the Love of Cats

up here it is a Syndrome... Down there a Disorder...

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

finally pooped
    Ah gotcha. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    I may be out of line here, and if so... I apologize profusely to our members who have served and granted me the right to sit back beside my fire with a rum and comment...

I believe that God gave us PTSS for a reason... I believe that it is his 'conscience' that he bestowed upon us. When 'we' make peace with him/ourselves we will have made peace with our individual PTSS. Sound stupid? Think about it... It really isn't. Ones who do not suffer from PTSS.. are the ones I worry about... for they, and they alone have no conscious! Truly, individuals to be feared!

A million years ago, a street person once asked me, "If he didn't die, what would have been the outcome?" "I would be dead" I answered. "yes you, and how many more?"

perspective!
    The idea being that all this nightmare is PTSS?

I -did- serve under Reagen, but never saw combat. Nor anything that would cause me any trauma.

Being able to switch off the math part of my mind? Lovely thought, but I don't have that ability. If trying to put #s on a problem is causing all this ... I don't recall this happening after 9/11, and the ex cussed me out all day ,because I was doing kinetic energy figures under my breath, trying to figure out how many died. (the answer was, of course, ridiculously simple... Too Many.) Then, too, there were other variables in play. I wasn't tinnitic, then, as an example. Nor had I heard of prepping 14 years ago, or that I would be looking at it.

Wonder how Spencer Reid would do as a prepper?

For the Love of Cats

PTSD/S

is not specific!

it is a reaction to an incident!

you may have issues after a war effort... you may have issues after a peace keeping incident. you may have issues after cutting grass.

the more dramatic the incident, the greater the reaction...

imo.

I'll most likely shit myself

The wife suffered from it for several years after her car wreck. It's a hard thing to understand and to learn to deal with. To her most any oncoming g car was a crash waiting to happen. Luckily symptoms went away over time.

I have NO idea where the fork in this thread's road appeared, but I'm gonna backtrack and head on back down the originally intended path...

I mentioned early on that my wife was meek and would rely on my decisions for what needed to be done. Well something (possibly living in Winnipeg) has changed her since my post back in February, and now she just wants to 'off' everybody. Granted she has become a lot more proactive in the prepping department, but I think that she has opened her eyes a little to the harsh realities that come up in true shtf scenarios. Just watching the news and seeing how mob mentality changes the game. Combine that with watching documentaries and sensationalist programming such as anything on NatGeo, or even the walking dead, has turned her into a raving lunatic lol. Now it's all "kill them, they are just going to come back and get you later!!!! KILL THEM!!! OH I AM SO MAD!!! WHY WONT THEY JUST KILL THEM!!!"

Now picture this coming from a 5' , 110lb filipina.

I'm scared folks.... Really scared lol.

I re-read this thread (in truth to find out how it went south) and saw a few posts that I wanted to make comment on...

First to Domeguy. Your scenario made me think really hard. And my response isn't because I like you, and feel compelled to answer this way... It's because it's how I truly think I would react to such a situation. I think anyone coming to my door in the same situation as you described would be welcome, providing they can contribute - while they are still able. In fact, even without the smoking hot nurse wife (I just assume because nurses are always smoking hot in my imagination), my door would still be open, under the same stipulations... That person contributes. Cooking, cleaning, TEACHING, anything of value. That's not to say my newly sparked wife won't try to kill you first... But I think it's important to try to hold on to as much humanity as possible. Will I make my family go without to help such a person... Not over the long term, but they will gain so much in aiding someone over the short term that small sacrifices are well worth it.

Second subject I want to address is the male/female question. I'm not huge on gender differentiation as it is (except football... My goodness ladies, just let us have ONE thing that is our own), and I think in shtf and the rebuilding after that it will be an even sillier distinction. If there is any shred of male-centric thinking left in me however, is that I would, personally, avoid putting women in hostile situations. Not because I don't think that they can handle it, it's because men can't. let's face it, women are treated poorly in today's society, never mind wrol. A guy taken prisoner will get beat and killed... A woman will be a lot worse.

It's just how i feel about it.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    Incorrect, sir. I said I don't have to LIKE it. No one nor any group on this forum have enough money, influence or spine to hire someone to point a large enough gun at my head to MAKE me like it.
    Fair enough, you are correct, you dont have to like it, so I misspoke. But then again, what works for me, may not work for you, as that is in all things in life, not everyone sees things the same. As far as the money, influence, spine in pointing a gun to "make you like it", I do my own work, I never send amateurs to do a professionals job. But on the flip side of that coin, Im not trying to change your opinion at all. Im merely stating my position as I see how it works for the continued survival of my people. Hope this clarifys my position.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    Oh, and if you detect that I've made a sudden list to the "ticked off" on here lately, you need only look over there at Jimmy New One and Illini, over there.
    Actually, I havent detected much at all. I could really care less about a list of ticked off people as Im sure the members here would agree. lf I was to worry about ticking people off, I would worry about offending the women on this forum a hell of a lot more than I would the gentlemen. The women around here are the Heavens Angels personified, til you piss them off. Then its a new level of hell that I would be submitting myself to.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.