Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Organizing into groups

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Well, lets be honest, we all have friends that if/when shit goes sideways, that we all know will show up at the door knocking and a banging saying "save me save me, I should have listen to you!!". To most of my "outside of the circle of trust friends" credit, they have started putting food away, purchasing ammo, and little things to make an effort, but they have yet to join me on a monthly bug-out or a simple camp over in the woods. So... if they do show up, as bad as it sounds, I would trade them for my group of well trained and prepped friends in a heartbeat. And while they may survive a tactical encounter, and hopefully learn from it, they are nothing more than cannon fodder for the main group to use to capitalize on to maintain its survivability. I know that probably sounds mean, heartless, and probably "asshole-ish", but the bottom line is this, I would sacrifice one of them for one of my children to survive each and every time. You have to think, SHTF is the bottom line, you either put up or shut up, theres not going to be a lot of wiggle room for the untrained, and untested.
    One of the more disgusting things about the circumstances that make SHTF so likely is the forced loss of anything resembling softness. Where sentimentality is regarded as a cardinal sin.

Sir, I understand your point of view, and from a mathematical point of view, agree with it. Nowhere, however, is it written that I have to LIKE it.

And I don't.

I do have the advantage (or handicap) that all planning here has been on my own. No group, no backup. So perhaps I have the 'luxury" of thinking so 'soft'.

If stating all that costs me my access here and what camaraderie I have made, so be it.

"You can put me before the Gates of Hell, but I won't back down."

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    As I read these posts I notice most all are what you are looking for qualities that are for the men and jobs you expect men to have to contribute but no one has addressed the females. I'm wondering what your expectations are for the females in the group? Just courious to see what the guys view on this is.
    Madame, I can speak on the matter with neutrality, as my planning and equipage are as a solo.

M4 bullets have no gender sensors in them, that they will hit males or females more often. Sutures and hemostats do not have the capacity to detect who is using them to stitch a wound. A freshly killed deer does not give a care who is dressing its meat or hide, nor too terribly caught up with the gender of whoever is thanking its spirit for them.

There will be groups, I surmise, that are all male. There will be groups that are all female. They will not last nearly as long as those groups that take on from both sexes.

I somehow doubt this missive will last long, as I just stepped on some toes earlier. But I hope it gets read before it gets deleted.

I'll most likely shit myself

Keepist, you may be surprised by this site. Your statement and opinion is just that, yours. Not many folks will hammer you too bad for stating it. We all come at stuff from different perspectives, needs, even wants.

For the Love of Cats

K, you may be opinionated, and vocal; but you are both in a respectful manner. The same as almost everyone on this site. We all have our points of view, and we all don't agree on everything, but we understand, and tolerate each others opinions even when we don't agree with them. I have seen nothing in any of your posts that would warrant deletion, and certainly not the ban hammer. (Unless I missed something) Otherwise keep on keeping on! You're stimulating some good conversations, and bringing a fresh look at some old conversations.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Kesephist,

I find if a person on this site has issues with what has been stated by another that person will be notified.

You are more than civil in your stances.

As for male/female roles.. I am not one to place hindrances on another because I don't think it would be proper. Every one has talents and let Natural Selection sort those out. You can correct the problem you cant correct the problem in another s mind.

finally pooped
    SO...... Not exactly what I had in mind when I started this. It never occurred to me that anyone would have an issue with male/female.

Mostly this was just a discussion about if you would prefer to go it alone or in a group and if in a group, what are your requirements for joining.

For the Love of Cats

Personally, I like that LH and then K called us all out on this.

we all know that chicks are the fairer sex, and need to be coddled, cared for and cushed!

'cause basically... if we don't treat them 'right' they will kick our collective asses!

rofl!

peeps are peeps in my book... if you want to be part of my group... you pull your weight! Sex is irrelevant!

Well... no... sex is um... ... GENDER is irrelevant!!!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

I figure there are gonna be many jobs in a SHTF situation and many folks have certain skills others may not. Why not share the load? My wife is somewhat limited in what tasks she can perform due to health reasons, but she has skills I don't possess. We try and balance out and get everything done. I see a group situation being more of the same.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    Not exactly what I had in mind when I started this.
    Sometimes, threads spawn like that! HA HA! Its not always a bad thing though... Discussion on ideas other than mainstream sometimes goes toward creative thinking, and creative problem solving.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I sure wish I would get a hug before being fed to the bears.....just sayin.