Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Organizing into groups

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Sorry

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Epic derailment!
    thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    Sorry
    what???
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

finally pooped
    Meh, these are important things to think about too. I do think that even if someone had a physical or mental disability there could still be a place for them depending on how they function. Even a person in a wheelchair can do tons of things. When I was at a family reunion I worked at a small cardboard mental puzzle for the better part of a day, trying to solve it. When I walked down to get a drink one of my relatives who has down syndrome had solved it in less than a few minutes.

I think the line would be someone who can't survive without meds, or who is completely incapable of taking care of themselves. The call in that case would be by someone closest to them or themselves.

Here DG you are saying the line would be drawn by yourself. In the event I ever do get to move back close to family I know that my father, and grandfather won't make it. Both have severe type II diabetes. During discussions my wife has brought it up. I explained calmly that it wasn't something we could take care of for a long term event but that they have enough on hand to deal with a small emergency. She was shocked that I was so accepting about just having 2 people of my own family die like that. I told her it wasn't acceptance, it was just inevitable. Doesnt mean we wouldn't try to help them with diet and such but that only goes so far. In the end it would just be prolonging the inevitable.

what???[/QUOTE]

Sorry for my major ED problems...no, not erectile disfunction, well, ya, that too, ...I meant Epic Derailment.

I'll most likely shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Epic derailment!
    Oh yeah it was!

For the Love of Cats

It was meant as a compliment... derailing a thread in an absolutely epic fashion is an art form. you mastered it!

Now back to programming... even if one in a group had issues, and others were desirable, I would allow them in, as long as they knew and accepted my contribution rules. I honestly don't know how to say to someone that they are undesirable, and I must kill you... or have you got dead.

I'd like to think at the time, I could take care of business, but how to explain to loved ones/group... tough! Imagine a 13yo girl sorry, but I like the way you weave, but your daddy is a lawyer, so I gotta kill him.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

CC Gray Panther
    Imagine a 13yo girl sorry, but I like the way you weave, but your daddy is a lawyer, so I gotta kill him.

Just send him out with D.G.

That would be a no brainer, as I have no respect for any lawyers. Looks like we are gonna need more hungry bears.

CC Gray Panther
    I'm working on it.

finally pooped
    lol but people can be taught as well..... usually.

They can always pick up a new skill after being at the camp and I have yet to see someone who can't be put on wood chopping duty, water collection, or latrine duty. There are always chores that a half brained monkey could do that would be perfect for lawyers and such to learn.

On the other hand, there are those that refuse to learn and try to be supervisory only. Those are the kind that unless it is absolutely needed would get a foot in the ass. But I see no reason to kill them for just being incompetent or untrained.