Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American Sniper movie review

For the Love of Cats

Saw it yesterday with the wife. It pushed the envelope for killing and gore for her, but overall all a good flick. I really enjoyed it, but then again without a military background I could look at it for what it was, a Hollywood portrayal of an event.

I gotta wonder though, how many more kills could he have gotten had he stayed on the roofs for the entire time instead of coming down and leading the house kickers.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Saw it yesterday with the wife. It pushed the envelope for killing and gore for her, but overall all a good flick. I really enjoyed it, but then again without a military background I could look at it for what it was, a Hollywood portrayal of an event.

I gotta wonder though, how many more kills could he have gotten had he stayed on the roofs for the entire time instead of coming down and leading the house kickers.
    i had the same thought, but didn't want to ask before most had seen the movie.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

For the Love of Cats

oops... maybe shoulda said 'spoiler alert'
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    And how many un-confirmed kills were really kill shots.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Lil'Bravo and I have NOT seen it yet, I get paid Friday, we may go see it this weekend!

The wife is more into cross stitch and reading, when it comes to SHTF, shes a good support system, and gives me permission to pretty much do what I want (within reason, and within budget).. since, over the 22 years we've been married, she has seen the logic in my ways (Its *NICE* to have lights and heat, in the winter, when everyone else has lost power... 2 days ago, and there still using flashlights. "Wanna watch another DVD honey?")

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"