Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prepping Dynamics

Crotch Rocket

Thank you for the replies so far, it is much of what I expected.

Any other takers? I'm still waiting on a few of our more regular posters to chime in before I wax too poetic.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

^ yeah... been waiting to hear from a few too... Stormy? BWRR? LH? Grumpy?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Let me start by offending the preppers, and state I am not a prepper, Im a survivalist from the mindset started many, many years ago... actually around the time that the ASG rag was introduced. I was a young buck and reading every issue I could get. The mindset of being ready for any emergency that may arise, and being prepared to protect yourself (family, property) with extreme prejudice were ingrained at that time.

Before I expand further, allow me to state that I have not a thing in the world against a prepper who is a prepper in the purist word, but I do think there is a definitive separation between prepper and survivalist. It has more to do with mentality than what is stashed in your basement (but, a bit of that too...).

I tend to get along with preppers in general, because there is knowledge there and we share the same general mindset.

Let me expand my ideas once more, I do feel there is a clear difference, which I wont go into detail of at this time (this writing at least), because I honestly feel my words might come across offensive or argumentative to some. As long as no one wears there ego or emotions on there sleeve Ill share my thoughts, but Ill wait before do that... Knowing the Enternet is public, things you say today may be held against you in a court of law later all the while never seeing the shitstorm coming.

I would be more apt to engage in constructive discussion on my thoughts and opinions in a secure & private format.

Anywho, I tend to focus a LOT on protection, and engaging in activities that ensure proficiency first, then plan and lay in reserves as a secondary focus.

I also tend to be very tight lipped with those around me (work, outside family, etc) about what I own, what I do with what I own and how I think. I share with some of them that I enjoy shooting and camping... Even if prodded I dont take the fly and get reeled in, because of things like Doomsday Preppers and the such, people like me tend to get the "whack'o label". In actuality I keep a firm reality check on myself so as to not get too carried away and end up like one of those whack'o we all have seen on DP! HA HA!

I do think there is a storm on the mist, how it will materialize I am not sure but if and when it comes, I sure as hell dont want to get caught on the pot with my pants around my ankles and no striking paper in sight! I may be a little different, but Ill be glad for it during the storm!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I'll most likely shit myself

Interesting to see everyones input. Seems most of the folks so far have somewhat similar outlooks. Imagine that!

Crotch Rocket

Lol.

Its certainly no surprise, but I do find it interesting just how closely in common most of us are.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

Yeah... there is a reason why we all get along so well, even though certain parties disagree on the nutritional benefits of certain felines... lol

What about Izzy? RedJohn, Alphatea?

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    No matter how diversified we may be, I feel confident that the blue helmets of JBT's kicking in citizen's doors make most outstanding targets... (I theorize it as a (low chance) possibility but hope that never becomes a reality).

The things I prepare for, I never ever wish will happen. Red Dawn is an awesome movie, but if it were reality it would be something not so enjoyable.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

For the Love of Cats

^
    trained or not...
    prepped or not...
    ready or not...

Real life 'RED DAWN" would be hell on earth!
    The sky blackened with the sheer volumes of paratroopers; their chutes literally blocking the sun!..
    yup... need another pallet of ammo!

I'll most likely shit myself

Not sure 1 pallet would be enough.

Eb, I'm with you on the bad juju coming down. I don't get into much in the firepower perspective on forum's, as much from lack of experience as anything. But I do try and follow both post on here and others and trends and info available. Along with keeping up with trying to practice as time and availability permits.
    You never know whats going to happen. Lots of stuff sound far fetched, but the longer I follow various topics that 15-20 years ago was waiting on us? VERY far out there, the more stuff is actually coming to pass. One thing that stands out to me, Stealth technology (B-2/F-117 type stuff) was developed in the 1960-70's, but was never acknowledged until the late 80's-90's. What in the hell is out there now
    Last edited by bacpacker; 01-31-2015 at 02:54 AM.

For the Love of Cats

Big Brother!
    he knows where you are sleeping
    he knows why you're awake
    he cares less when you're good
    keeps tabs when you are bad
    but for goodness sake don't trust his words for they are as empty as his thoughts...