Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Emergency! Graphic image

Bacon saver

Wait.............................................. .................................................. .............let me go get my manual.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

finally pooped
    lol, somebody else got one they wanna put up?

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodin View Post
    Hmm, elevate the leg, clean and stop the bleeding. Wrap and transport to robsdak for the proper corrective method. I can deal with the sights and most smells of injuries. A good assistant I would be unfortunately only know the basics.
    we aren't preforming brain surgery... LOL good gawd, it's only a mangled foot. hell he might die before you can get him too me.

anybody up for a Sucking Chest Wound?
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

finally pooped
    ooooo good one. wanna post it up and try to find a picture?

For the Love of Cats

Meh... 'tis only a flesh wound. Walk it off
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    OK, I'll post one, as I already know the outcome. I appear at your door, (we are good neighbors) and tell you I might need some help. I tell you about an hour ago, I got my left ring finger hit with the tip of a pressure washer as it quit working. It was only about 1/2 second contact, and I was wearing latex gloves with leather gloves on top. The pressure washer only was spraying water, no chemicals, and was at 3000 psi with the needle valve on it. I take off my glove and show you this. You only have what ever medical supplies you have on hand. I didn't believe in prepping because all I have to do us call 911 and someone will show up. But when I tried to call, the phones were all dead, including my cell phone, and for some reason, the power is out, and none of my cars will start.[IMG][/IMG]

Do you have a robot?
    I would want to drain it. I would have them soak it in hot water to soften it up. Many times this will open it up to drain just from the pressure inside. Scrub it out well. If it were a family member and didn't drain I would lance it and put a triple antibiotic ointment on it, bandage and send them on their way. Change daily.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey real quick on the first one. DG is right you do not want to suture too soon, it needs to heal from the inside out. On the inside you want to use sutures which will dissolve. In this situation a doc would probably put in a drain. Also regarding the question about colloidal silver I don’t have any experience with however I do have personal experience with an antibiotic material called Silversorb. This is used to protect against infection and to prevent the wound from drying out or scabbing over. I had a couple of leg wounds and the stuff worked great.

Without ready any other posts yet, first stop any bleeding. Treat for shock. Apply sterile bandage. Keep the patient off feet. Perhaps administer any pain killer that may be on hand, though aspirin might not be good as it is a blood thinner,

The next steps depend on the situation. Assuming we are not in an area with emergency treatment centers or it is a SHTF situation, clean the wound as best as possible in the given situation. Treat with whatever antiseptic may be available. Cover again with sterile bandage. Find someone who may be skilled enough to suture. Monitor for infection several times a day and continue to apply antiseptic.

Do you have a robot?
    or you could just cut it off and let him grow a new one.....
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    I would want to drain it. I would have them soak it in hot water to soften it up. Many times this will open it up to drain just from the pressure inside. Scrub it out well. If it were a family member and didn't drain I would lance it and put a triple antibiotic ointment on it, bandage and send them on their way. Change daily.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey real quick on the first one. DG is right you do not want to suture too soon, it needs to heal from the inside out. On the inside you want to use sutures which will dissolve. In this situation a doc would probably put in a drain. Also regarding the question about colloidal silver I don’t have any experience with however I do have personal experience with an antibiotic material called Silversorb. This is used to protect against infection and to prevent the wound from drying out or scabbing over. I had a couple of leg wounds and the stuff worked great.
    If this was a real SHTF event, I probably would not have survived. I posted this to show how the little things can be big things in a bad situation. I had to have surgery latter in the week. The pressure washer had done a lot of damage damage inside that couldn't be seen, so it was a trick question. The finger tip was dying, and by the end of the week, it was really stinking from the finger rotting. If left alone, the infection would have most likely killed me. This is what it looked like a week after the surgery.[IMG][/IMG]