Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Emergency! Graphic image

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    misunderstanding, OK. as for the photo you showed, IF it happened now while camping, on the farm. as said, off too the ER AFTER, whatever needed to be do done to him and the ***SMACK***

post SHTF situation. it would be dealt with in the proper manner. cleaned, debridement, stitches (deep tissue) and wound closure.

as for the proper meds to knock him out??? just will be dealt with.

as for access to it right now? i do. without going into specifics and not getting anyone in trouble. i have boys i went to school with that are in units that do this kind of thing and have access to all of the things listed, short of the meds. those are accounted for, STRICTLY!

i don't think you know where i am. i have Air Force, Army Special Forces and Army Rangers real close and have friends in all.

i have friends that are nurses that can/will/have provided other things that i have asked for. bandages, tapes, gauze, topicals, suture kits, IV supplies, ect.

pain killers, again, not a problem. if i have a prescription for it, i can have/get it. let it be at that.

DG 30 day supply might be all you can have where your at? or that might be the Pain Management Clinic's policy? i am sure it's to keep 'drug seekers' from abusing them or folks from selling them. i am neither.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    Emergency Combat Medic from military. They don't cover much fixing though. Just stabilizing. They would say clean, staunch, wrap and transport.

Everything I just listed was from my own reading. I've actually practiced deep tissue stitches on some turkey breasts though. LOL. The hard part for me would be getting the supplies to do a procedure like I listed properly on the civilian side. I have my ECM bag issued to me but that's about it and they have next to none of the things I have listed above.

Dissolving suture material, saline wash, painkillers, anesthetic, and antibiotics are all VERY hard to accumulate on civilian side, especially in large quantities.
    Mine was from Navy SAR/EMT, blah, blah, but I this I pulled out of my head from what I could remember and did this as soon as I saw it and I utilized what I have on hand.

I dig the scenario thing I have partaken in a few in the past. These things can be real fun and brain teasers, pickers and farts. But it's a way to exchange information and help each other out. So your commune has a damn hospital and that don't play fair with me!

I think everyone is covering your shopping list........yes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by robsdak View Post
    misunderstanding, OK. as for the photo you showed, IF it happened now while camping, on the farm. as said, off too the ER AFTER, whatever needed to be do done to him and the ***SMACK***

post SHTF situation. it would be dealt with in the proper manner. cleaned, debridement, stitches (deep tissue) and wound closure.

as for the proper meds to knock him out??? just will be dealt with.

as for access to it right now? i do. without going into specifics and not getting anyone in trouble. i have boys i went to school with that are in units that do this kind of thing and have access to all of the things listed, short of the meds. those are accounted for, STRICTLY!

i don't think you know where i am. i have Air Force, Army Special Forces and Army Rangers real close and have friends in all.

i have friends that are nurses that can/will/have provided other things that i have asked for. bandages, tapes, gauze, topicals, suture kits, IV supplies, ect.

pain killers, again, not a problem. if i have a prescription for it, i can have/get it. let it be at that.

DG 30 day supply might be all you can have where your at? or that might be the Pain Management Clinic's policy? i am sure it's to keep 'drug seekers' from abusing them or folks from selling them. i am neither.

I have but one comment here boys..........OPSEC!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

LOL i didn't give away any more info than was needed. i am good with what i said. people should just realize that not all folks on forums or the interweb are 'computer jockey's' and can do what they say. i thought the reason for being here was prepping? well that and making fun of ST? LOL

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

finally pooped
    BWRR- Like I said, all those things would be nice to have but could be done without.

Rob- I realize that everyone has their sources and connections if something were to happen so that was my misunderstanding.

no harm, no foul.

CC Gray Panther
    Hell Sniper would just take it off and make Toe Foo.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    BWRR- Like I said, all those things would be nice to have but could be done without.
    OK well next time you throw a damn foot up there you better come packin with your real toys.

Now if you want to throw one up there and say "here's the only supplies you have on hand", well there's another story. "Man's got to know his limitations" but ya gotta put the book down and use your head. We don't have books here, we do it on the fly! You threw it on my table, what the hell did you expect me to do, go to the library? Damn Yaksman coulda fuckin died!

sometimes I just drip with sarcasm.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

finally pooped
    lol. field surgery manual says it should be read to you by someone as you do the procedure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Hmm, elevate the leg, clean and stop the bleeding. Wrap and transport to robsdak for the proper corrective method. I can deal with the sights and most smells of injuries. A good assistant I would be unfortunately only know the basics.

finally pooped
    Alright, wanna try another one?