Domeguy- Ick, that looks nasty. Lets keep you away from power tools. The saline sounds like more of a doable solution to me without sucking up all the resources and yeah then I think we agreed on where to amputate the big toe.

Rob-I think we are having a breakdown in communication and that's where the issue lies. To save any major function in his foot would require surgery in my opinion and without some of the things I have listed it wouldn't happen.

SHTF I want to be prepared for everything I might encounter. Do I plan on doing an appendectomy on someone? Hell no but trying to fix this guy's fucked up foot, sure. If surgery is what is required then I would do my best. You said about as much of the same in your post but without the specifics.

You simply stated that you had easy access to get everything listed there and I think you mean you would acquire them through those people being in your group after SHTF? If so then that was my misunderstanding.

I took it to mean that you had access to get them now easily through some retailer or friendly doctor. Yes there are people I would call on that I might be able to get these things after SHTF but as of right now I make do with what I can get and hope that I have what I need if something like this happens.

My definition of SHTF isn't that things turn off for a year or two then everything goes back to normal. Mine is that I don't plan on it ever coming back if it goes. EMP, Depression, Korean invasion, what have you.