Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Emergency! Graphic image

finally pooped

Emergency! Graphic image

Just a test.......

You are part of a communal group. While you are going about your day someone who was chopping wood for the cook fires is brought to you.

Begin!!!!

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    is this a SHTF thing or a week long camping trip?

SHTF do the best with what i have on hand, medical wise. clean, access the damage, stitch as necessary, dress and try to make as comfortable as possible. then ***SMACK him in the back of the head for being stupid!*** wait and see what happens. might lose the foot...

trip. tend to it best as possible. seek medical attention ASAP! ***SMACK him in the back of the head for being stupid!*** while waiting for proper transportation to arrive.

UPDATE

now looking at it. thinking the big toe is a goner. clean,cut, stitch and wait. look for a Post-SHTF Rehab Center. he's going to have to learn to walk, again. another ***SMACK him in the back of the head for being stupid!***
    Last edited by robsdak; 02-14-2015 at 04:54 PM.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

ewwwww
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

That'll make everyone pay attention with chainsaw as and axs

Bacon saver

Happy Valentines Day! That's the purdiest heart I ever did see! Well my initial assesment is it's been cleaned and prepped, but I'll go real life. UH, communal group so we're on our own I guess and I know what WE have so I get to use that.

Serious toe jam, uh jamb, uh ok, you're going to be OK bud we can work with this. Flush irrigate see what I can see, I see the above. No arterial, no major venus bleeder, just capillary. Any visible tendons detached? Hmmm? I really looks like he missed the one on top of the big toe so maybe we're good here. I see the toe bones are intact just one's STBD the other is PORT I cannot screw or splice bones. so setting these two bones back in place is going to suck. This person will have to be given a few pain killers a shot of booze for intensity. A peice of leather between the teeth while I remove any fragments. Fuck It we'll do it the SAR way "Incapacitae the victum" a quick punch to the face he'll need to be out for this. IZZY! OK once done with that (setting the little piggies) I would remove any debris, clean again, flush and suture. Imobilize the toe and foot, keep said lumberjack sedated and give antibiotics. As for IV...........I have the starter kits but I'm short on the bags right now, I'll have to come up with a solution for that. HEY! anybody in the colony got and IV bag?

Comments, arguments, dissertations?

- - - Updated - - -

Elevate!

- - - Updated - - -

Keep Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksman warm...............warm with kitty blanket. Made from cats I personally sniped in Canada near Sniper's porch. I was a migrant worker on a visa, they had a ferral feline problem in Canada and needed to Hire mercenaries. Long story.

Damn see what you made me do!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Happy Valentines Day! HEY! anybody in the colony got and IV bag?
    yeppers... 3
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Bacon saver

Well get over here! Like I said, I'm taking this scenario as we are on our own. So this Yaksman is going to need to remain bedridden, long term he'll most likely have nerve damage, he might regain full usage, he might not. Depends on infection and the individual, uh I mean Yaksman, them Canadians are supposed to be tough.

finally pooped
    Firstly, assess the damage and administer whatever sedative we have on hand. Morphine-Everclear.

Secondly, Determine how bones are separated and if there are any fragments. Looks to me like the big toe is a loss and fragmented but just shaved the metatarsal of his large toe on the inboard side.

Thirdly, clean the wound and remove the big toe bone fragments as it looks like it was broken. I would remove both sides of big toe and enough muscle to perform a combat amputation without the complication of sawing any protruding bone.

Fourth, CLEAN AGAIN AND AGAIN

Fifth, Suture and fold over skin from big toe to cover metatarsal. Ensure use of disposable sutures with no rolling of skin to allow the wound to drain as it has to heal from deeper inside.

Sixth, Immobilize leg with no walking

Seventh, Monitor 2x daily for heat, excess drainage, discoloring or any other sign of infection. If infected, any of the -illins would be my go to from the fish department. Otherwise simply some colloidal silver and whatever pain management we can do.

Eight, Only reopen to reclean if absolutely essential.

Bacon saver

Sounds like you've done this before..........I've been schooled maybe?

finally pooped
    Emergency Combat Medic from military. They don't cover much fixing though. Just stabilizing. They would say clean, staunch, wrap and transport.

Everything I just listed was from my own reading. I've actually practiced deep tissue stitches on some turkey breasts though. LOL. The hard part for me would be getting the supplies to do a procedure like I listed properly on the civilian side. I have my ECM bag issued to me but that's about it and they have next to none of the things I have listed above.

Dissolving suture material, saline wash, painkillers, anesthetic, and antibiotics are all VERY hard to accumulate on civilian side, especially in large quantities.