Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So what's the end game?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    M855 is not AP ammo. No where is it listed as AP ammo.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    If it is the same as the A059 we use then it is AP. It has a steel core in it. It's not labeled as AP but it has soft AP capabilities.
    the M855 and SS109 is really an enhanced penetrator, but is not classed as armor piercing. Heck, even a 5.56 ball round or SP will penetrate light armor. So, will that be banned next....where will it stop folks?
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

If it is the same as the A059 we use then it is AP. It has a steel core in it. It's not labeled as AP but it has soft AP capabilities.
    It is not classified as AP anywhere. "While having a Steel Penetrator Tip, this doesn’t constitute M855/SS109 as “Armor Piercing.”"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Willie51 View Post
    Exactly!

the M855 and SS109 is really an enhanced penetrator, but is not classed as armor piercing. Heck, even a 5.56 ball round or SP will penetrate light armor. So, will that be banned next....where will it stop folks?
    Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

I know where I can get some 50 bmg Raufoss Mk 211 rounds.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

finally pooped
    But why will this be banned while I can still buy tons of AP in other rifle rounds? Because they are saying it could be used in a "pistol" platform?

For the Love of Cats

watch this closely my American Friends... VERY closely!!! This is the type of banning that they've been doing up here, to slowly remove our guns, our choice of ammo, and our rights and freedoms!

Don't let it happen there!!!! Be vocal! Get active!

Before it is too late!

IMO
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

But why will this be banned while I can still buy tons of AP in other rifle rounds? Because they are saying it could be used in a "pistol" platform?
    OK my young friend, you need to go back to the beginning and read the original thread. Yes it's lengthy, but you might understand and become a bit more educated. I can't hold everyone's hand here. I provide the intell, what you do with it is your business. We are all in the same colony here. Sooooooooo, carry on Ants!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    watch this closely my American Friends... VERY closely!!! This is the type of banning that they've been doing up here, to slowly remove our guns, our choice of ammo, and our rights and freedoms!

Don't let it happen there!!!! Be vocal! Get active!

Before it is too late!

IMO
    We've touched on these topics over the past few years and it seems to be happening with consistency. Ammo, guns, lead, bullets, right to keep. It's all flying off the shelves again. SO I'll ask you this Sniper, is this how it happened and then they came and took BAZILLIONS of shit from Canadians? Uh, I mean the Yaksmen?

- - - Updated - - -

OH, and now I've got everybody and their brother.......and my brothers, calling me wanting to know where to get the shit! Like I got a fuckin armory or something? I'M RETARDED.........I MEAN RETIRED! whatever

For the Love of Cats

yeah bwrr, this is EXACTLY how they took our rights away. EXACTLY how they restricted our guns.... and EXACTLY how they created the 'prohibited' class.

Seriously... fight it or you're as fucked as we are!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

finally pooped
    BWRR, but I have read it a few times now and that is my understanding. They are saying that since the AR platform has been evolved into a "handgun" as well that is capable of firing the AP. If someone can sum it up differently please do.

I can see their reasoning but I have yet to see anyone toting one of these AR pistols around in a holster as an EDC gun. And due to the stricter rules about handguns in most states I don't really see your average GB getting their hands on one or having the understanding to convert a rifle to one.

If the issue is preventing the use of armor piercing capabilities in pistols to protect officers in soft body armor (which is only offered up to level IIIA). Why havent they outlawed the 5.7 FN? That was specifically designed for it's AP capability to be marketed to the private security crowd.

I just don't see how this is making ANY difference in protecting anyone which I guess is the big point of outrage for everyone. .

I'll probably wait to see what happens and then start selling mine to people that want it and getting something a bit more practical. I don't even have any guns that fire that caliber anymore. I sold them all during the last big scare.

Bacon saver

Here's the big picture little Brother. It's not our opinion that counts. We know as gun owners that this is bull shit, and what you said is pretty much true concerning "AR pistols". But they are smarter than we are and they know what's best, or are you forgetting that?

So here's my question to you.........why did you go and dump all your goodies? Just to make money like all the rest of those ah.....vultures. Or was it because you really needed the money or what? I for one don't have a high opinion of individuals like that. Me if I purchase said sundries it's for me and my family and friends. Not for personal financial gain and resale......it's for keeps. THAT'S ME, AND THAT'S JUST THE WAY "I" AM.

Somehow I knew this topic would get people's attention.

OPSEC As a reminder for your own security. Please do not discuss your "inventory", intentions, or who individual procurements of said goods come from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    yeah bwrr, this is EXACTLY how they took our rights away. EXACTLY how they restricted our guns.... and EXACTLY how they created the 'prohibited' class.

Seriously... fight it or you're as fucked as we are!
    WE NEED TO BE LISTENING TO THIS MAN UP THERE PEOPLE!

Premium Member
    BWRR, but I have read it a few times now and that is my understanding. They are saying that since the AR platform has been evolved into a "handgun" as well that is capable of firing the AP. If someone can sum it up differently please do.

I can see their reasoning but I have yet to see anyone toting one of these AR pistols around in a holster as an EDC gun. And due to the stricter rules about handguns in most states I don't really see your average GB getting their hands on one or having the understanding to convert a rifle to one.

If the issue is preventing the use of armor piercing capabilities in pistols to protect officers in soft body armor (which is only offered up to level IIIA). Why havent they outlawed the 5.7 FN? That was specifically designed for it's AP capability to be marketed to the private security crowd.

I just don't see how this is making ANY difference in protecting anyone which I guess is the big point of outrage for everyone. .

I'll probably wait to see what happens and then start selling mine to people that want it and getting something a bit more practical. I don't even have any guns that fire that caliber anymore. I sold them all during the last big scare.
    The AR15 in .223 & 5.56 is the most popular sporting rifle in the U.S. today, therefore the ammo is the most popular. The 5.7 FN is nothing in comparison to sales of the .223/5.56, therefore is not on their radar, but will be. This is just the first step my friend, like SniperT says. Remember what they said 5 or 6 years ago...."never let a crisis go wasted". That means, never let an opportunity to go wasted!

I think we're on the same page with most of what you said (except selling off your stuff), but the facts don't matter and it doesn't matter what we think or know to be true. This is the first step to becoming like Canada and Europe.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!