Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So what's the end game?

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    I dumped my AR stuff because I found that I would rather invest it in other platforms that I like more. The money went back to my gun collection to fund projects and improvements. The same as selling the ammo I have will. I am really not a fan of the .223/5.56 cartridge and would rather just get out of dealing with it completely.

I agree that the entire point of this is to scare americans into buying up all the MILSURP items they can but then again I agree with BWRR that we don't know what their end game is with it. Depends on if it actually gets banned or not.
    I actually missed your post. So you recycled your funds, cool. I agree with your AR opinion, never really liked it during my career. BB guns were not my thing, buffer springs bangin in my ear, too many parts to lose. Improper fitting upper and lowers, accuracy issues, knock down power, ammo expended versus kill ratio........I know, I know SHOT PLACEMENT! I've preached this one to death, 9mm vs 45. I'm a .30cal man through and through, but I do happen to own a 5.56, one. Why you might ask after all that? A couple of reasons, when your best buddy builds you one, you give him a bear hug and say "Aw fuck, Thanks Brother" then you go smoke the gun range with it! Then there's the other thing. What's the most popular gun in the US of A? So when the SHTF I'm sure I'll be picking up more of that ammo than I will some of the stuff I might be shooting.

Then again this is all scenario driven, will it be 7.62x39....51.....or what? Maybe my favorite .30-06! Either way what is Joe citizen prepared for?
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Just to let you in on a little secret Big Brother. "No one here gets out alive" either way, I'll meet you further on up the road.

We have 330 acres right next to our 241 that they will divide that has a brand new road cutting right through the middle. They cleared a 75ft path through the woods and dropped a chert rock road on top of that. It ends at our property line. They will divide........the hunting there is OUTSTANDING, this is raw land mind you.
    Keep us informed of the 330 acres. Long way from the panhandle, but you never know. Had a place in north GA mountains, but sold it a couple of years ago.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    I agree with your thoughts completely. Another distraction from the major things of importance........ but it doesn't change things brother, they are turning this rock that our house/country was built upon into a pile of sand.
    it's all good, 'they' are good at Smoke and Mirror Tactics. i understand what your saying, BUT (a big one at that) 'they' have been doing it since before we were here. as a Nation, that is.

Then it has to happen while I'm still alive. I don't want to go to my grave knowing I couldn't fight the battle, couldn't throw one more punch defending our children. I just want one more chance to defend what I've fought for if this shit's going to go down.
    no children for me to fight for, But I Do LIKE a Good FIGHT! as of this afternoon, i have voiced my opinion to 3 Representatives of my State on this issue. it's hell to have phone #'s. yes, i called them at home and after Church. i could have waited, but why? yes, i know them, so it was OK.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    I totally concur Riverrat. With that being said ; you guys in this colony are light years ahead of this old soldier. I'm not going down without a fight either. Too old now to care and too old to give a damn. If it's helps our children so they can live free as intended then I say game on. I'm not getting out of this world alive anyway so better me than them. Besides I can be the distraction whilst you guys open up those cans of whoop ass.
    distraction? whaaat? need you to PUSH PILES!

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    I know brother. That the fun part ; If I'm gonna go I'm taking some with me and leaving a Nasty Ass mess if possible. Always like the sound of Going out with a Bang.
    can i help? again, more piles to push....

Then again this is all scenario driven, will it be 7.62x39....51.....or what? Maybe my favorite .30-06! Either way what is Joe citizen prepared for?
    IF 'they' have their way, it will be with sticks and rocks. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Willie51 View Post
    Keep us informed of the 330 acres. Long way from the panhandle, but you never know. Had a place in north GA mountains, but sold it a couple of years ago.
    yep, always lookin' for more places to Run Nekkid!

EDIT my first REAL Multi and it looks cool!
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Bacon saver

so it obvious no one's read their homework here. (I'm in a bitchy mood) Clinton Banned steel core 7.62x39mm in the early 90's. The 5.45 went off the shelf thanks to Olympic gun making a pistol type AK chambered in that round. M855 is going off the shelf why????? BECAUSE IDIOTS HAVE TO MAKE PISTOLS OUT OF THEIR FUCKIN AR'S! HOW MUCH CLEARER CAN I MAKE THIS????????

TACTICOOL = FUBAR!

Besides those guns are the most useless fuckin things ever made!

For the Love of Cats

Might I suggest decaf?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Might I suggest decaf?
    Haven't had the first cup yet. After I make this first phone call I'll make that determination. It's going to be a long day.

Premium Member
    BWRR, I was working on it and going to report last night, but had to stop and watch the Walking Dead.

Okay, what I got is 7.62x39 (AK47) steel core was the first round that ATF applied the AP definition to and was banned Feb. 2, 1994 during the Clinton Admin. Then just last year the 5.45x39 steel core (AK74) was also given the AP designation by the ATF and was banned. Now as we know, they are going after the 5.56x45 (AR15) steel core. One thing to point out here is that the 5.56 M855 & SS109 is not entirely a steel bullet like the others above that were banned. It is mostly lead and does not fit the definition of the AP round. Once all this is classified as AP though, then it is no longer manufactured, imported and sold on the open market. The only ones that will have it will be the government....period! So, let that soak in. And like we all know, all these rounds above even in lead will penetrate soft body armor. So, again I ask, what's next?

So another thought is this: The 7.62x39, 5.45x39, & 5.56x45 are all popular, easy to get, and cheap to shoot for target practice. If it becomes hard to get and too expensive to shoot, then what? Right now the .22 cartridge is still hard to get & doubled in price, at least in this part of the country. Eventually all our plinking rounds will be too expensive to shoot.

Anyway, I need another cup of coffee.

- - - Updated - - -

so it obvious no one's read their homework here. (I'm in a bitchy mood) Clinton Banned steel core 7.62x39mm in the early 90's. The 5.45 went off the shelf thanks to Olympic gun making a pistol type AK chambered in that round. M855 is going off the shelf why????? BECAUSE IDIOTS HAVE TO MAKE PISTOLS OUT OF THEIR FUCKIN AR'S! HOW MUCH CLEARER CAN I MAKE THIS????????

TACTICOOL = FUBAR!

Agreed! They are worthless and loud

I think BWRR is just pissed that he didn't win the lantern contest from Domeguy!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.

TACTICOOL = FUBAR!

Man O Man.... someone is WOUND a little TIGHT!!!!! RUN! don't walk to where she's at and tell LHK to stop whatever she is doing and give you a hug. damn it man, slow down...

i have read and know/knew what you were after. agreed the AR Pistol is stupid. it's as useless as tits on a boar hog.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

CC Gray Panther
    I agree with Rob. BWRR you need to channel Spock brother. Yes it's about dumb ass people making pistols for said ammo. Which the government let build until it could use it to turn it on us. Yet the bottom line remains the same no matter how they get to that point. ( No ammo ; No guns )

But then again I wouldn't want your salty dog ass frame of mind any other way. It's a good thing that I'm one of the few sane people on this site. Now let's go to the beach so you can get your dose of salty sea oxygen . Not that it will do any good but at least we'll be salty.

Damn!! now I want to go and adopt you. Between you and B.P. that would make me 4 sons ; 2 daughters.
    Carry on trooper and never lose the fortitude of destiny ; For victory is at the road's end.

Bacon saver

I think BWRR is just pissed that he didn't win the lantern contest from Domeguy!!

I didn't enter I left it for you guys and gals..........I got sprinkles. "Sprinkles are for winners"

"Man O Man.... someone is WOUND a little TIGHT!!!!! RUN! don't walk to where she's at and tell LHK to stop whatever she is doing and give you a hug. damn it man, slow down...

I'm dealing with some property and family (not LadyHK) issues today which have no real effect on my opinion on this topic, gun owners and manufactures' made this bed and we have to deal with this shit. I'm good.......for now.

i have read and know/knew what you were after. agreed the AR Pistol is stupid. it's as useless as tits on a boar hog.