Thread: Spoon Carving and other Wood Stuff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    finally pooped
    Spoon looks good but can you hang it on your nose?!!!

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    Spoon looks good but can you hang it on your nose?!!!
    LOL there's a smart-ass in every crowd. you could if i varnished it!

this is just the first one i have done. don't know what it will be used for or if? it's a user for sure. i have some oil finish that is food safe.

even though it looks all dainty, it's pretty strong. think teaspoon.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    looking good. I for one would like to see the bench set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Me too!
    note: bad pictures tonight. not a clue as to why, maybe camera is dying. this is all a work in progress! still deciding what i want to make/build/cut/sand. this is just a place to do it.

my Muse.

this is looking right to left. Craftsman Contractor Series 20" Variable Speed Scroll Saw (old C Arm, 1996 model) and a Delta 13" Drill Press. there is also my Milwaukee M12 Drill and Impact. you can also see where i came from the panel with a 1/2" LB to 1/2" EMT to the first recp. behind the scroll saw and then to the quad recp above the bench.

this is the middle of the bench. the quad recp has 2 circuits in it. 1 is lighting, so when tools are running there is no flicker on start up and the other is power. all the recps. are wired together, reason being no one tool is pulling enough to hurt anything. the conduit running up the wall is for lighting, using fluorescent lighting with plugs. reason behind this, when i leave i use the breakers in the panel as switches/disconnects and it turns everything OFF! going to add a second light over the bench. there is also a 1x30" Harbor Freight Sander. it's worth the money, i have had the same thing made by Delta and it was LOUD, rattled and was hard to track. this one was cheap and is quiet, besides it tracks straight.

this one you can see the Craftsman 12"? Variable Speed Band Saw and where the conduit ends. the chopping block is shown with the legs attached

the bench is simple enough. 3/4" B/C ply and 2x4's attached to the wall in the back with legs to the floor in the front. it's built like a wall/floor in a house, 16" OC and screwed together with 3-1/2"deck screws and the top is down with 2" deck screws. oh, and it's all glued with Gorilla Wood Glue. built strong enough that i can sit a transmission on it and have no worries of it breaking. mot that i plan on doing it.
    Last edited by robsdak; 03-12-2015 at 07:16 AM. Reason: telling my story... it takes time. :)
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy