Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The littlest injury can take you out.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    So then, we all let the pets and children boobytrap our yards post-shtf to keep the "undesirables" out?
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    So then, we all let the pets and children boobytrap our yards post-shtf to keep the "undesirables" out?
    Sounds like a plan. They may kill us quickly but at least we know they will die a slow painful death.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

For the Love of Cats

I stand by my earlier post... now, it is easy to whine and cry about a superficial injury like a broken toe. But if shtf, I would hope that you man up, or woman up. tape it tight to the next piggy over and keep on keeping on. I posted a thread a couple years ago where I crushed my foot with a slab of limestone... life went on, with a limp... never missed a day of work, never missed my chores.

bottom line, set the bone(s), treat infection (if necessary), and suck it up!

IMHO
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Gotta do what you gotta do. O.TOH, injuries aren't the only thing to take a body out. What do you do with a severe stomach bug, stuff comin outta both ends? Not only can you not do much during this, but it can dehydrate you rapidly which will debilitate you

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    I don't know about that. Stepping on a scorpion at night sucks pretty bad.
    I'd assume kicking a 40 pound box of 18 inch tile and breaking your toe into a 90 degree angle from the joint is a close second...

Edit: don't ask how I know this...
    Last edited by Twitchy; 03-27-2015 at 02:08 AM.
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    suck it up buttercup! poop occurs! If you're going to sit down and cry over a hangnail, maybe we should start divy-ing up your gear now...
    i call dibs on all his Maxpedition stuff and .22 rds....
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

+1 for trying to maintain good hygiene and wound care of small little OWIES when SHTF. When an earthquake takes down buildings and lots of rubble is around, folks will have lots of scrapes and cuts. Don't let them get infected. A bad stomach bug and dehydration can occur in a short time.

Good reasons to keep a tube of anti biotic cream and anti-diarrhea tablets around at all times! I work about an hours drive, sometimes up to 2 hours in ugly traffic, from home. Now you know why I keep those in my car and work locations.

Walking on Sunshine

I just saw in the store powdered Gatorade, wonder if that could be something to store and still be good if one would need that in the future. It supposedly has all the electrolytes and stuff that liquid Gatorade has in it. I have the old fashioned packets of Kool-Aid vac-packed for the kids in the food storage. I figure if tshtf pop/soda won't be available and this might take the place of pop/soda and make the stored water taste better for the little ones.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    I just saw in the store powdered Gatorade, wonder if that could be something to store and still be good if one would need that in the future. It supposedly has all the electrolytes and stuff that liquid Gatorade has in it. I have the old fashioned packets of Kool-Aid vac-packed for the kids in the food storage. I figure if tshtf pop/soda won't be available and this might take the place of pop/soda and make the stored water taste better for the little ones.
    I have plans to store a good amount of Gatorade powder. I would just store it like rice. Cool dark dry place.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

I'll most likely shit myself

I too have the powdered Gatoraide stored. Never let any moisture near it. It seems to take it like a sponge and make a rock. It is very effective in powder form. I usually mix it a little strong. Maybe cut the water by 20%.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 04-18-2015 at 12:52 AM.