Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting the germination process

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Vodin View Post
    Place them on top of your refrigerator if you wish to save money.
    I will do that. I never would have thought about the fridge. Thank you. I was wondering how much lights were going to set me back. Now I don't have to.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Whether I am planting directly in the ground or in starter pots, I soak my seeds for a few hours. Tiny seeds like radish or even tomatos do not get the soaking, it simply makes them too difficult to handle. I have had excellent results with this method. This year my two plantings of green beans, Blue Lake Pole, have had a 100% germination rate. Same rate with my yellow crook neck squash. I have had a 0% (zero) for some old zuchinni. It was from a 2007 seed packet. Just dumped them today and replanted with fresh 2015 seed.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Another thought seeds don't require light for the initial sprouting. Place the container with the seeds on top of your hot water heater. The outer shell of the hot water heater. Really just think of anything that gets warm in your residence.

I built a greenhouse out of PVC pipe take a look at the garden post. The cost was minimal.