Thread: Solio battery replacement kit

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...

Solio battery replacement kit

As some of you may know, I'm go nuts over over stuff. I have bought 3 Solio battery rechargers over the years, and they have performed great over the years. But time has taken it's toll on them, and one of finally stopped recharging. I assumed it was the battery. I looked up the company on the internet Solio.com , and I was happy to find they sold a battery replacement kit. It containers a new battery, and several new charging tips. The old one were very outdated. These new ones will fit the new phones, as well as my Ipad, which makes me very happy. The instillation was very easy to do, just take out 5 screws, unplug the old battery, plug in the new one, replace the 5 screws, and you have practically a new unit. The cost was $19.95, but the invoice has a code in it which will give you a 30% discount on your next purchase. I will definitely be using it to buy a new charger. I don't think you can have too many solar rechargers in your household. I would give this company and their products 5 ants out of 5.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

finally pooped
    Is it just solar? I used to have a battery extension for my phone that you could spin in circles around your finger to generate a charge.

For the Love of Cats

whoa... dude! Seriously? where do I hook the jumper cables?

good to know, but I'm not that tech... nor care o be.

Great score though, I'm sure the local I-kiosk would have raped you for the same thing!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

They are devices they have a storage battery in them. They can be charged through an AC plug or by solar power. You can then use the stored power to charge up your dead smaller battery powered devices. The older ones only came with plugs to charge phones and MP3 players, things with special plugs. Now with the upgrade, the wires will now fit almost anything out on the market today. It comes with plugs to fit my Ipad version 2 with the large 12 pin plug, plugs to fit the new smart phones, plugs to fit USB, an this may jut be me, but if think it's neat, one plug is a 3 LED flashlight that fits into the USB plug. Solar power may not be the quickest way to recharge something, but if you can use solar power to recharge a battery that is a stand by power supply, it's a no brainer. IMHO.
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

They originally came with a silicon plug that you put into the center hole so you can stick it to a window to charge, or can be charged anywhere if you put something into the hole (it was designed to fit a pencil) you can orient it to the sun and move it as needed.

For the Love of Cats

wow!

looks very cool! thanks for the info, looking forward to the breakdown!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I pretty much covered it as it was so easy. I removed the one screw holding on the cover, an then pried off the cover with my fingers. I unscrewed the 4 screws on the holding cover, and removed it, and then unplugged the battery. I plugged in the new battery, replaced the holding cover, screws, and the main cover and screw. Easy peasy.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Domeguy; 04-10-2015 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Wrong picture