Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mad Max/ Fury Road

Administrator

Well I know what I'm doing with my Saturday now!
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Walking on Sunshine

Did you all go see it? How' d you like it?

For the Love of Cats

I have not... yet! Regular movie night is probably the only thing that I miss by not living in an urban area.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

I saw it... was a great movie!
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Walking on Sunshine

Well my son thanks you, his brother thanks you, his father thanks you and I thank you. Glad you liked it, he was Assistant on set second director. He was able to direct a couple of the action scenes you saw.Don't ask me which ones, I couldn't tell you. He had some great stories to tell. Right now he's in N Mex. with Chris Pine and Jeff Bridges on another film.

Premium Member
    Congrats Katrina. Your son is living the dream that our son wants to do. He graduated from college with his major in film, but is struggling to get his foot in the door. He is now talking with a director in the Atlanta area (near Pinewood Studios) who just finished up Ant Man which will be out in July. He's doing commercials right now and is also a Realtor until he can break into the film industry. He and his wife are expecting their first child in July. Needless to say we are all excited.

Anyway, congrats on your son's success and we plan to go see the movie this weekend.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

Walking on Sunshine

Glad to hear that Willie and congrats on the baby. Where abouts in ATL is son? PM me and I let Son 1 know, What has your son done so far, job wise in the field? We're going to family reunion in July and I could give name etc to Son1, NOT PROMISING anything but Son1 might have a contact to give him.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Glad to hear that Willie and congrats on the baby. Where abouts in ATL is son? PM me and I let Son 1 know, What has your son done so far, job wise in the field? We're going to family reunion in July and I could give name etc to Son1, NOT PROMISING anything but Son1 might have a contact to give him.
    Thanks Katrina! I sent you a PM.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

Walking on Sunshine

Got it and answered it

Walking on Sunshine

Just a quick update
    Son 1 has just been nominated for a DGA award Under George Miller for Best director He goes to the Award ceremony February 6th. It looks like there's a good possibility that George will be nominated for an Oscar this year. You can read it in Variety WHOO HOO!!