Thread: Lil'Bravo's first USPSA match!

plenty of extra room "down his pants"

Lil'Bravo's first USPSA match!

http://www.roanokerifle.com/event/us...stance_id=4954

Lil'Bravo's FIRST (and my second...) USPSA match is tomorrow! Wish her luck!

The last two weeks we have been practicing, but THIS week she started to feel the crunch and was more eager and serious to train. Lots of dry fire!! Tonight we trained for 2 hours (not one live round was fired). Lots of stuff, from moving with a weapon, strong hand fire, strong hand to weak hand transition and fire, reloading, etc.. etc...

God, I hope she doesnt get a squib! Im getting a RCBS powder checker die before I do anymore reloading, Im tired of squibs... (I know, I can visualize but Ive been lazy)

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Video in production....
    "AR - America's Rifle"

"AR - America's Rifle"

Can the little prepper get some support please?
    thx-EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

finally pooped
    Saw your original post but missed you adding the video somehow. Sorry about that.

1st. ARGH!! misfire's. Good transitions, no swinging on target. Watch the grip and make sure you aren't adjusting every few shots. Strong hand unsupported was good.

2nd. This is a really poorly laid out course of fire. Not sure what scenario they were thinking of but she handled it well for how it was laid out. 7 targets laid out, counting clockwise from the left should have meant order was 1,7, 6, 4, then advance till 3 could be seen, reach the first barrels 2, then last barrels 5. But that's a problem with the course, not her. There was a lot of swinging left and right but she was safe with it and did well. Good grouping for controlled pairs.

3rd. Long course with a lot of transition. Good first target, just lean with both feet planted instead of lifting one leg and balancing. At the second gap I assume she wasn't supposed to take the far target there but she did it properly and I agree with it if she could see it. Didn't see the scoring but she paused for long enough on the further shots I think she did well.

4th. Started out good. Magazine didn't seat fully at the first reload? GOOD WALKING WHILE SHOOTING!! I'm impressed. On this last course she sped up on her controlled pairs and did fantastic! Seems she just needed to get used to how they operate.

5th. Couldn't really see the layout but looked fairly straightforward. Awesome job on the swinging target, had patience. Couldn't see the scoring on the others though.

REALLY good run overall. I bet next time she will be even better because she will be calm. She was very well prepared for everything and adapted to everything new. After seeing all 5 I think the grip issues on the 1st were just from nerves. Things to focus on for next time, shooting around barricades, misfire procedures, and get the guy with the clipboard not to make loud noises. I just about wet myself when he smacked a mosquito in stage 1, had to turn the volume down.

And as always, feel free to tell me to stuff it.

First COF she had a squib... I got a powder checker die on the way to prevent that.

Id have to draw out the barricade COF for ya, cant tell whats going on from the angle.

And yes, I think we agree she was getting more relaxed and in tune as the comp went on, next month should be more enjoyable for her!!

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

For the Love of Cats

That was awesome! She did great, esp. since it was her first time. Can't wait to see next month's!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Looks like she did well. Congrats. Looking forward to next months.