Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, today sure sucks.

Dont worry about shitting yourself

Well, today sure sucks.

So, i posted a couple things this am, and headed off to work. I was taking the big truck, because ive been trying to sell it, and the shop is on a fairly major throughway. My wife gets off today about the perfect time to come and picke me up, and the truck can sit by the road for sale.
    I never drive it, it gets about 12mpg, and i go 40 miles each way to work, my wife goes almost 30 each way, plus with the fibro, shes not up to climbing in it very often. Im tired of watching it slowly rot in the yard, while paying for city fees, tags, and insurance.
    Its taken awhile to get the right day, when my wifes schedule matches enough to not make a special 80 mile round trip.
    I didnt make it half way there. Got on a 4 mile bridge with the strong smell of cooking brakes in my nose. By the time i get to the other side, its pulling to the left. Hitting the brakes makes it dive right, hard.
    Hhmm, front left caliper is frozen tight against the rotor. It had been fine for the 6 miles of city traffic that precedes this bridge. So, i stop at a bojangles there off the bridge for some breakfast, and cooling time. Of course, im going to be late for work. So, it cools off, goes back to normal. This had happened once a year or so ago, it sits too much, but now, i figure its gtg, as last time it happened once. Nope, few more miles, i smell cooking brakes again. Im now rural, getting country, so places to pull off and park for awhile are getting slimmer. Its getting hot inside, and i decided to roll up the window and get some ac, not to mention a relief from the brake smell.
    Nope, the damn window isnt going up (power windows).
    Obviously, at this point, im not leaving it for sale at the shop. Plus, i come home just before dark, to have to deal with getting the window back up. Might as well just turn around, and have the daytime to get it straight.
    Took over an hour to get the 20 miles back home, with stopping to let the brakes cool every so often.
    Got home, took the door apart, removed the window motor.
    It works great, smooth and quiet.
    Really??
    So, its almost 1pm, if i went to work, id have a couple hours to drive back an hour.
    What a waste.
    So, here i sit, might as well get my pirate on.
    Captain morgans 100, baby.

Its f@$#ing 5 o'clock somewhere.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Do you have a robot?
    This is just that little guy on your shoulder telling to go home take it easy and have a cocktail!!! Who cares if it is if it is 1 PM relax and enjoy the work will still be there tomorrow.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

For the Love of Cats

Aaaarg!!

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Sometimes the world lets you know... hey buddy, you need a break today... and they supply you with one. Take it in stride, and enjoy. The truck has been waiting to be sold this long, it can wait a few more days.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

For the Love of Cats

And besides, better the issues happen to you now, than some guy out on a test drive.

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    All good points. Yes, better me than the test drive.
    However, I really don't need an extra day off, I have been getting lots of them. If I didn't work for myself, I'd be fired by now, I get so many days off. That cancer my dad had a year ago? It came back, with a vengeance. This time not to be dissuaded. My sister is, well, a story in itself, so let's just say I stay busy with what's going on with Dad. Basically, we are keeping him comfy, and waiting. But, we are kind of at the beginning of that point, he is only just now starting to get real uncomfortable. But it's moving fast.
    So, I get lots of days off, but not to just "do nothing".

Although, I'm kind of working a slow moving drain. Always something, eh? I had a gun to refinish, and was going to finish my 22 suppressor along with it.
    But, it will all wait, it has no choice.
    Tomorrow is the appt with the radiation oncologist, hopefully to do something about all the cancer sores that are all over his body, and getting worse.
    Next day is PET scan.
    Monday is PET scan results, find out if the "maintenance chemo" of the last few months is even doing anything. From what I see, it's not.
    Monday (two days ago) was daughter's first IV treatment for her Crohns', 4 hrs. Another in two weeks.
    Since I pretty much work for me, and my wife works for a corporation, it's easier for me to take days than her.

Try to build up money for the brake calipers the truck will need, and a window motor. The passenger side has been dead, if I'm working on windows, might as well fix it. The brake calipers are original, it's an '89, might as well replace both.

Damn, look at all that, time for more rum.
    Aaarrgh !!!!

If anyone has noticed, sometimes my posts are punctually correct, and sometimes they look like a 4yr old's. The screwed up ones are me on the phone. The keyboard is so small, and I need to open another one to add punctuation other than periods or commas, which end up between most words with my fat thumbs, I go back and remove them, so I skip it. This post was done with the laptop, full keyboard. The phone is often me sitting somewhere, doctor's office, hospital room, etc.

Anyway, I thought you guys would enjoy a little entertaining diversion from the everyday.
    Grab a shower, and maybe stick in Far Cry 4, and kill something. I'll have had another rum or so by then, it'll be fun.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

For the Love of Cats

Sorry to hear about all your trials and tribulations bud! Thoughts and prayers headed out to you and yours!

I'll most likely shit myself

Prayers headed your way GF. Sorry to hear about your dad and daughter. Both are bad situations.

Do you have a robot?
    Me too prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family. Here's hope they will be more comfortable and better soon.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Thinking positive thoughts for you and you family Gunfixr.