Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Sheldon Cooper was right you should have your slippers next to your bed."

Do you have a robot?

"Sheldon Cooper was right you should have your slippers next to your bed."

I was at a meeting, it was going to be a table top on anthrax but at the time Ebola was the buzz word, so we went into infection control. We also covered some about a recent earthquake.

We had a guest speaker who started off by saying "Sheldon Cooper was right you should have your slippers next to your bed." WTF? He told us the reason is to protect your feet, no kidding. He related a story about after the Napa Earthquake over 800 people were treated for lacerated feet mainly due to glass. The local hospitals were overwhelmed and quickly ran out of suture kits. They put out an emergency request to out of area hospitals for more kits. This got me to thinking one it might be a good idea to have some more substantial slippers for one and maybe pick up a couple of extra suture kits. I also did a note to self to check to make sure I annually check my supplies to keep current on topical antibiotics for wounds as well as other meds.

Just thought I would pass this on, I thought it was interesting start to a talk.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Decent shoes readily accessible would be a must. Especially if the house is burning and you've gotta cross burning carpet, or get to a child's room.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I never get out of bed without some form shoe.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Walking on Sunshine

My Mom was always yelling put something on your feet when we were young. Have to tell a story on myself. Son 1's apartment bldg "caught" on fire, it was set deliberately but they couldn't prove who actually did it. he was home sleeping after he was through with his job at the time. He was camera man 12am-8am shift at local TV station. So when firemen came to haul him out of his apt. he stopped to pull on his socks. As his station was covering the fire,of course they had to interview him and there he was dressed in his boxers and a pair of sox on his feet. I asked him why he didn't grab his shoes, he said he couldn't find them but all he heard was me saying (in his head) was PUT SOMETHING ON YOUR FEET before you go outside. Sometimes when I hear myself , I hear my mom talking.

I'll most likely shit myself

This gives me pause. I rarely wear shoes when Im at home, when getting out of bed in particular. Probably need to stick a pair under the bed for emergencies at least.

Do you have a robot?
    Katrina both my kids lately have said they have caught themselves saying things my wife and I told them. They cringe they are becoming us, I thinks it is great, my wife just shakes her head.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    For all the walls, chair legs, doors, cabinets, TV stands, floor mates... that I have kicked, stubbed my toes or lacerated my foot I have still yet to grow a brain to wear shoes in the house. Got boots in the SUV and keys are on the night stand but no shoes close to the bed. I must work on this..

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Step on a scorpion and you will wear shoes from now on.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

finally pooped
    I'll agree with that one helo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

Walking on Sunshine

realist,
    Isn't it a hoot, that SOMETHING we've said to them is probably what our parents said to us LOL. It's almost as good as the oldest, saying to us one day when he was in school, "I wish I had listened to you". I think it was about an elective class, we had suggested he do one but he wanted to do another. Turned out he was totally bored with the class he picked but had to finish it, said it was the longest 4 weeks he had spent in school. One of the top rules we had and still have is you FINISH what you start,don't care how long it takes you, but you finish it.