Thread: EDC medical gear and supplementary equip

EDC medical gear and supplementary equip

What Medical gear/supplies do you carry with you daily in your EDC? Also what training in the use of it do you have? Do you keep more supplies in your vehicle? Workplace? Etc.

Example:
    CAT TQ either on belt line or in cargo pocket.
    Mini IFAK (Dark Angel Pocket Dark, CLEER Medical mini trauma kit or Phokus Research Pocket Kit) in pocket or in backpack that goes with me.
    The mini IFAK has a pack of clotting gauze, gloves, emergency bandage and a chest seal at minimum.

In between:
    Mini "boo boo" kit of band aids and regular owies is in the regular carry backpack.

In vehicle:
    Full sized normal IFAK
    Large "boo boo" kit.

Crotch Rocket

Funny. I just re-stuffed an FR1 again with basic trauma items. Lots of gauze pads. Two Izzy dressings, a CAT, shears, tape, plastic wrap, gloves...

I had/ have the pocket BOK we discussed before, but don't wear my cargo pants much anymore. Something about polyester not reacting well with the POL's I work with now and the hot work I sometimes do.

As always, a minor booboo kit is nearby, and still better stocked than those work has dotted around.

The bottom line is I really don't much care how people think I look, so I carry as much of this as I can. My opinion is, when you need it, you'll need a lot.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Do you have a robot?
    One kit I have always is a pouch containing tourniquet, two of the smaller Israeli bandages, quick clot, EMT siccors, light sticks (2). I also have some feel good supplies, band-aids, neosporin, pain killers (OTC) etc. This is very portable and always goes with me and into the range when I teach. I also have a large trauma kit with everything need under the back seat. Then in the toolbox in the back I have my BOB equipment with additional medical supplies.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    i carry a Maxpedition Janus Pack w/o the strap, with my meager first aid, scripts and diabetic supplies, ie- meter, test strips, 2 different types of insulin.

wanting to get a FR-1. just haven't done it yet.

now it's not EDC, but it's EDC every day i carry it. i have a tri-fold medic bag with everything short of the operating table and the light overhead. LOL really, it has most everything up to and including sutures. it goes with when I/we are going to be out and away from cell service and or medical help.

and from another thread here... i keep an extra change of clothes and shoes in the truck. never know???
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

I don't really carry much on my person at work....a pair of scissors, a roll of tape, my stethoscope and penlight.

Of course, I work in a place that has pretty much anything I could need for trauma at arms length.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    I keep an IFAK in my tool/work cabinet but its not EDC, or Every Day CARRY.

EDC I keep a flashlight and a box cutter, both of which I use a LOT & EVERY day. Even mid day if we loose power in the shop its dark enough to be dangerous so yeah, even if I didnt NEED a flashlight for my job, Id still have one on me.

I dont have a FAK in my vehicle, I guess mostly for temp reasons but it would be a good idea. I need to kludge one together for range visits, etc.. I normally carry something when wilderness hiking (the only way to hike).

EDC outside of work is M&P 40 full size. :-0

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I call big spoon.
    The dark angel stuff is nice, I have one on my chest rig, in my edc bag I have a small trauma kit with shears and a tourniquet. In my car I have an aid bag with a bunch of stuff. I've got a bunch of stuff I've aquired. Usually a trip to the drug store I'll get some tape or gauze to hoard as well.

Do you have a robot?
    Rather than buy a ready made kit I prefer to make my own. I find I can get more for my money. The big thing I find is most people can't get is the pouch or pack for their med kits. If you want some of the high end ones take a look at Blackhawk and SO Tech. I have both for different applications and you can't go wrong buying quality.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.