Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How far is too far?: Giving up our rights for safety

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Well, sounds like you folks up to the north have many of the same problems we have down here.
    However, none of the laptop cell phone rules would have been placed, as nsa already has access to and records all you do electronically anyway, so why bother.

Kesephist put that very well.

Both there and here, various laws and regulations have been enacted which really do little more than deprive the average subject, i mean citizen of their fundamental rights. These arent needed to deprive someone who has been charged and or convicted of a crime, they allow non charged persons to be treated as charged persons, an assumption of guilt.
    Nothing will change, except for it all to keep tightening, until we the people stand up say weve had enough. Really, i still believe that if enough people were to stand with the same goal, the ammo box would not need to be opened, as there would be an overwhelming force on our side. But, we remain divided, along various lines, such economic, race, politics, etc. They work hard with the propaganda machine to keep us that way. Until the people wake up and see things as they truly are, we will continue down the slope, until we hit bottom. Then, there will be but two choices. Accept our chains, which really are already here, or remove them by violent means.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Until the people wake up and see things as they truly are, we will continue down the slope, until we hit bottom. Then, there will be but two choices. Accept our chains, which really are already here, or remove them by violent means.
    Accept chains? Never f*cking happen, not me.

On other places I have mentioned a phrase, made by Ronald Reagen, when he was on the Goldwater campaign.

We'll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness.
    I have (had?) that charity of thought to think that this first decade was a shallow enough gradient, to where if the people struggled hard enough, they might dig out. I think the Era of Free sh!+ pretty much derailed that.