Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Last Ship - Second Season Premeire

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Looking from some information on a movie. I sat down to watch "The Omega Man" today, and it's not the movie I thought it was. The movie I am looking for I thought was the omega man, and I thought Charlton Heston was the lead roll, is set in a post apocalyptic city where he thought he was the only one left. I remember him having manicans in the apartment and talking to them. I remember one was named "Snodgrass", and during an argument, he or another one was thrown out of the window. I remember he has his place set up with all kinds of booby traps. I know this sounds a lot like "The Omega Man", but after just watching it, I'm sure it isn't. So please help out an old fat man. Any help would be.....helpful.

ive been following this series closely. great show and makes you think!

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    Looking from some information on a movie. I sat down to watch "The Omega Man" today, and it's not the movie I thought it was. The movie I am looking for I thought was the omega man, and I thought Charlton Heston was the lead roll, is set in a post apocalyptic city where he thought he was the only one left. I remember him having manicans in the apartment and talking to them. I remember one was named "Snodgrass", and during an argument, he or another one was thrown out of the window. I remember he has his place set up with all kinds of booby traps. I know this sounds a lot like "The Omega Man", but after just watching it, I'm sure it isn't. So please help out an old fat man. Any help would be.....helpful.
    You are correct DG, that was the Name of the movie and Charles was in it. He played Neville and Mathias I think was the name of the leader of "The Family" and last but not least there was Cesar, the manikin dressed in uniform that he played chess with. Good flick, it was a remake of a Vincent Price Movie "The last Man on Earth" If you like Vincent you'll love this one. Oh and they did a remake of "The Omega Man" I forget what they called it but it really sucked. The host of the "Iron Chef" was the main character. He's some sort of martial arts/actor, but I know Chuck Norris can kick his ass.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Bacon saver

Now as for Charton Heston and Chuck Norris goes, Chuck would lose..........Charley would just shoot him.

Bacon saver

As for derailing the thread, I do enjoy the last ship. It's staying pretty close to Navy traditions. Some characters do have some flaws, Master Chief has a few "quirks" the CO is a bit way to gung ho for your Fleet Naval Officers of today and my day. But he has good qualities most that are dreamland. XO has some damn fine qualities. The females step up to the plate, the enlisted step up but they should get more limelight than the wardroom. If you're going to do anything about the military, make sure you show them who's doing all the work. Hell in "Battleship" the enlisted Navy kicked the aliens ass! Annnd some young Officer earned respect.

Bacon saver

I do love my little boats and guns...........something about the pucker factor. Only two ways to go, up river or down river............nothin but fuckin sand and mud. OH, Stormy....you said you had your "Circle of friends" mine's more like a sphincter of friends. I guess that's why they're so few. Hey........butt we're tight Bro!