Quote Originally Posted by Fidel MD
Crap like this website of Kenwood is why I haven't bought a kenwood radio since a TS-430
This is being done to prep, as best as possible, given finances at hand. (The Krugerrand bush is not yet bearing at this time, and the Morgan tubers are still sort of unripe.) The radio layout in mind is a dual band, with compatible single bands (on regularly exercised standby) should the dual-band croak. ( and spares , but let's not go there yet.)

A known local kenwood dealer (none, btw) would have spared this inquiry. HT's are not a consideration, as their long reach is only through repeaters, and it is part of the plan to put little reliance on repeaters that may be down/nonexistent.

Assuming this unit, and until I test in September, the commonly listened-to frequency will be XXXXXXXXXXXXX, and the linchpin for the planned transmitting in UHF. VHF only will be easier to find, and have confided its base frq already to ****************** and ************ ************** *********** ***. (sorry, Nephew Norbert NSA; did you honestly think I was gonna make it THAT f*cking easy?) (Nephew Norbert being derived from his FCC relation, Uncle Charlie. )