Thread: Post EMP cars/trucks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Electronics in the cars. UGH! My wife's 2010 Malibu has had some transmission problems. Work is done except they now have to program the transmission module. A major problem is making sure it talks to the engine module! Holy Crap!

Should we have an EMP either due to a solar flare or a nuke, what about vehicles that are parked in parking garages several level below ground level. Those garages have thousands of tons of steel and concrete. Would that protect the vehicles parked below?

Quote Originally Posted by Socalman View Post
    Electronics in the cars. UGH! My wife's 2010 Malibu has had some transmission problems. Work is done except they now have to program the transmission module. A major problem is making sure it talks to the engine module! Holy Crap!

Should we have an EMP either due to a solar flare or a nuke, what about vehicles that are parked in parking garages several level below ground level. Those garages have thousands of tons of steel and concrete. Would that protect the vehicles parked below?
    Maybe. The problem with EMP is that we won't know, until it happens. But in a parking garage, you might be trapped by broken-down vehicles in the way. For instance, yesterday I had some banking business to take care of..when I was done, I couldn't leave the parking lot because a tow-truck, called to start/tow someone elses ride, was blocking my truck in. I just had to wait until the tow was loaded and gone....