Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Post EMP cars/trucks

So pretty much anything pre-1986 does not have enough electronics to be disabled by an EMP?

I'll most likely shit myself

That sounds about right. If it doesn't have fuel injection and/or electronic ignition, it should work. Mechanical fuel delivery and spark is what your looking for.

For the Love of Cats

I had a 89 YJ, and cannot express my displeasure with it enough. For a 'reknowned' 4x4, that thing got towed out more times than an old plymouth volare I owned, in the same shit.

I am a stout advocate for the tacoma/t100/SR5

they are bulletproof trucks, that I personally have put millions of miles on. I would love to know how to 'protect it' against emp.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Socalman View Post
    So pretty much anything pre-1986 does not have enough electronics to be disabled by an EMP?
    I cannot agree with this... my 1984 Toyota got hit by lightning, and it was finished. $2700 tow fee to get it out (way back country)

I was young and stupid, so I don't remember what the problem was, but I know I walked over 20 miles to find someone to help.

Then it cost another grand to get it running. again, don't remember what they replaced.

But, fuck... that truck had the coolest scar on the hood after Zeus zapped it! The prick!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

I second the Taco. Really pre-tacos. I had an 86 that was carburated. 87 had EFI. I've had several of them none left me with less than 2t0k, a couple over 400k.
    I'm lookin at times for one to restore just for this purpose.

Do you have a robot?
    Sniper for nostalgia I have an 89 YJ I'm getting rid of just in case you ever had had second thoughts about getting rid of yours
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Socalman View Post
    I can vouch for mostly Chevy but not ALL vehicles. Didn't mean for it to come across that way.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Sniper for nostalgia I have an 89 YJ I'm getting rid of just in case you ever had had second thoughts about getting rid of yours
    I'll let you know when I need a new target to shoot at!

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I’ve been doing a bit of research on replacement fuels to bun my JD diesel tractor for a while if SHTF scenarios do come true. Everyone here may already know this, but it was news to me. In an emergency situation, the oil contained inside a transformer, (the large gray trash can sized objects on the tops of power poles) are full of 15-20 gallons of a type of mineral oil that has been shown work in a Diesel engine. I’m not sure how well the engine will run, or how well it will last, but it’s good to know. Any thoughts on this?
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

I've heard that it burns fairly well, no idea if it would work as a fuel though. I would be really cautious about trying to burn it. Maybe find out as much as you can and try a burn of something similar first?