Thread: Apologies in advance if in the wrong spot...

may be in trouble

Solar Lights

A link I found ....

If they told that one flat out greedheaded ass on Shark Tank to go away, better and better.

If this is in the wrong spot, I'd be obliged if it were moved to a non-trashcan right spot.

Apologies... here is the base link... http://luminaid.com/
    Last edited by 2die4; 09-01-2015 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Wrong Link posted

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Took me to a login page?
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

may be in trouble

The necro- is unavoidable. A more up-to-date link is here:

https://luminaid.com/collections/eme...-solar-lantern.

These things in their flat mode would be, once charged, a helluva light asset. I have three of the basic Paklite 16s and have modded one by simply removing the inflatable section and using as a quite powerful flashlight.

I do wish that they had come up with one that had just red, like a highway flare, but still maintained a flashing capability.

The later variants that come with a micro USB charging capability are promising... the idea of a wallwart with a USBmicro line snaking into a BOB, and then when it comes to be GO time, unplugging the wallwart and stuffing it into the BOB...what, five seconds.... not all that bad. And I'd not mind doing testing with my K-tor generator to see how long it takes to charge on that.

Comments?

I'll most likely shit myself

Great idea. Gotta take a longer look at these.

may be in trouble

With note that their Max that is supposed to act as a battery for cells as well as a light is not yet in production, as far as I can tell.

The 5v and 12v formats are on a upswing for most electronics, to be sure. The utility of keeping a cell alive under circumstances where a cell network may not be up, though, eludes me. A power down thing, I can sort of see. A kessler/carrington/EMP chipkiller event... no. So I'm thinking the Novas or Maxs for lighting if I want to upgrade from my reliable old paklite 16s.

Bacon saver

Interesting little unit, I like.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.