Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Kit

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Vehicle Kit

I finally upgraded to a bigger vehicle that I can actually keep things in now, so I'm looking for ideas.
    Who has a vehicle survival kit, and what do you keep in it?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I haven't really made a kit, and don't have a lot of room, but I threw a few things in the back.
    A small shovel, a hatchet, some rope and tie-down, a case of water, which gets rotated, a blanket or two, some flares and other stuff.
    Should go without saying there's a light in the truck.
    I take with me a sling bag, and it has more. Several days of food, usgi poncho, couple different ways to start a fire, knife or two, water filter, paracord, some other stuff I can't remember at the moment.
    If I'm going more than a few miles away, the bag goes.

Oh, there's a topo map of the state under the seat.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Crotch Rocket

I'm still working on it... several things have taken higher priority, but... I keep my basic tools, an e-tool, a hatchet, jumper cables, warning triangles, jack/ breaker bar, a vz17 panel, coveralls... have a drop leg panel and drop leg holster that need to make it back in. A cab to hook up. Plans for HAM still. More to come.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Need the worlds hottest pepper seeds? See him...
    Keep one in the Tahoe. Bought a tub w/lid from Depot to store it all in.
    Mainly set up for roadside breakdowns.
    100' 3/8" rope (anchor rope I had), 25' snatch strap, assorted tools, some ratchet straps, bungees, zip ties, gloves (multiple pairs), flares, tire iron, spare hub kit for trailer, folding shovel, machete, flat fix, 12V tire inflator, rags, paper towels, hand cleaner and I know there's more but need to do an inventory. This should get you started.

Do you have a robot?
    I have a GMC 2500 pickup so I can carry more than you. I have installed a metal toolbox which fits under my bi fold Aluminum cover for the bed top. The tool boxes come with a key lock which is the same for most so I replaced it with a combo lock. So I have double security, the aluminum cover is locked down so no one can see and the toolbox locks too. Inside I carry, jumper cables, toolbox, small sledge hammer, as, shovel, tow strap, saw, pick for general tools. There are several of the blue tarps. I carry two complete sets of clothing, heavy coat, and Gortex. I carry a cleaning kit for my guns, 250 rounds of 9mm, 45 Cal, 223, and 308 each. For shotgun I have 50 slugs, 50 buck and 100 #8. I also have 1000 22s. There is a breakdown 22 Ruger, and a Remington 870 shotgun. I also carry a tarp, water filter, 100 feet of climbing rope with beaners and 550 cord. I have five days of freeze dried Mountain house food. I have a tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, and cook kit in an internal framed backpack. There is also a Colman lantern with a couple of bottles and additional mantles.

Inside the truck I general have at least five liters of water, junk food (granola bars and trail mix) which gets replaced regularly. There is trash bags, blanket, lite jacket, and another tool kit. Then I have a big first aid kit along with a small blow out kit which is with me whenever I am camping or shooting. Most of the time I carry two 9 mms, either Glocks or S&Ws with extra magazines and 200 rounds of ammo in a locked compartment. The glove compartment is full of the small stuff i.e. lighters, and knives, boo boo stuff.

It may sound like a lot but I go up to my property and work from the truck periodically. This gives it a test and allows for resupply when needed. It is a work in progress which I tweak all the time. When I travel up there I always have an AR or similar battle rifle and maybe a 357 revolver for snakes. Then there are the miscellaneous tools I bring up such as chainsaw, large sledge hammer with splitting malls etc.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    truck kit? huh, never thought of it that way. it's just things i carry in the truck. LOL

i carry what i need to, to get by. i can live out of the truck for a good week before it starts too wear on me.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

I'll most likely shit myself

Keep a full GHB with everything I would need for 3 days. Maybe a little lite on food. Otherwise 3 tarps, 500ft of 550 cord, various ropes, tie down straps, garbage bags, hunters ax, folding shovel, folding saw, flashlights, spare batteries, hiking boots, socks, leather work gloves, warm gloves and hats, folding and fixed blade knives, mobile and hand held ham radios, fire starters, water, water filters and purification tabs. Probably other stuff as well.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I think realist won.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    I think realist won.
    No crap.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Need the worlds hottest pepper seeds? See him...
    By a mile!