Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New vehicle

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

New vehicle

So finally, after a ridiculously long service life, my Civic died, and gave me the opportunity to upgrade.

I ended up with a Dodge Nitro, and absolutely love it. This one is an '08, with 74k miles on it at the time I purchased it. I've had it for a few months now, enough time to wring it out. It's my first vehicle with 4wd capability, and I'm already digging that capability. I've already had a chance to use it during some of my other extracurricular activities.

Requisite pics:

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    11B HORAH!

Diggin the front tag!
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I'll most likely shit myself

That is a sweet ride Izzy. Liked it when I got to lay eyes on it.

Thanks, gents. I'm trying to make the most of it. One day, I'd like to see it lifted and a taller, more aggressive set of rubber. A basket rack is on my list of wants. I had a hitch installed this week so I could pull my trailer (another project in it's own right). I just finished wiring in my Kenwood mobile. An overhead rifle rack is in the works. I also plan on dropping a K&N air filter and the dang thing is begging for a decent exhaust system.

I've got a buddy building me a set of grey molle seat organizers, and another friend working on another set of cordura cargo bags for the rear. My vehicle kit will be going in these.

If I get my act together, I'll fab up a cargo shelf similar to this one:

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Very nice izzy! Whats with the low profile lights in the front?
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Nice
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Emergency strobes. Some of my other activities have me working with our EMA and Civil Air Patrol. I had a choice of either white or yellow lights. Yellow screams "tow truck" to me, so white it is.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I was in Civil Air Patrol for years when I was younger. Loved it. It got me my E-3 when I joined the Army.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    nice choice Izzy. i have been happy with my Dodge for 14 years. not a Nitro, but. switch to Mobil1 oil, add the K&N filter and 'drive it like you stole it' LOL
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I always thought the Nitro had a bad ass look to it. Gotta love the 4WD, my wife and I both drive 4WD just to get up the driveway, me a 4WD Ranger, and her a AWD Edge. I'm a Ford guy, but I like Dodge.