Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another reason for hyper vigilance re: privacy

Do you have a robot?
    Like that is going to happen. If it were my house all their phones are surgically implanted.........
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Walking on Sunshine

The only one who is "surgically" implanted is son 1 so if I take away his phone have to do it for the others just to be fair. LOL

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    A friend of mine told me this week her smart phone was in another room when her husband had asked her if she has seen the viral video from several months to a year ago of a cat chasing away a mean dog from a child? She told him no, and later when she picked up her phone, Facebook was suggesting it as a video for her to watch. And another time she was talking to a friend about a Harry Potter tattoo she had seen, again while her phone was in another room. Later when she picked up her phone, Harry Potter tattoos were suggested. Someone is out there listening!

I thought it was just my paranoia. I'm glad I'm not the only one. My wife and I will talk about a random subject that we have never talked about or googled and I'll say hey ask Siri what did the fox say and she will type in "wha" and the whole search term will come up automatically. It's pretty freaky. Skynet is here people. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Quote Originally Posted by 2die4 View Post
    I thought it was just my paranoia. I'm glad I'm not the only one. My wife and I will talk about a random subject that we have never talked about or googled and I'll say hey ask Siri what did the fox say and she will type in "wha" and the whole search term will come up automatically. It's pretty freaky. Skynet is here people. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    This is another reason I only use a old fashioned flip phone. Plus I always keep it in the truck. My wife on the other hand...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    This is another reason I only use a old fashioned flip phone. Plus I always keep it in the truck. My wife on the other hand...
    I use a flip phone for work and miss the long life battery. I charge that thing maybe once a week. My Note4 on the other hand....
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    The only time an app needs my location is Google Maps. As for the others wanting my contact no chance. I am quite sure none of my contacts need any more spam than they are already getting..........
    I use my iPad for maps and have the locator turned off. I can read a map so know where I'm starting from and follow directions from my town to where I want to go. They don't need my address. I have a basic flip phone with no internet access, no texting, photos or anything else. Call...leave a message..that's it. Under the radar...Gray Girl.
    I apologize for nothing...

For the Love of Cats

It's funny, my wife and my coworkers and my friends all bug me about my flip phone. Seems that amongst my family here, they are the norm, not the oddity!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Crotch Rocket

Seems like I'm in the minority here, but I can't bring myself to devote much thought or energy on this. Between cc purchases (both online and in store), internet searches, background checks, and background there is very little that isn't known about me already. Do I like it? No. Do I leave my phone far away at times? Yes. Have I been under investigation? Don't know, don't care. Been down that road before when I was young. Nothing I do today is as bad as being accused of murder.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    It's funny, my wife and my coworkers and my friends all bug me about my flip phone. Seems that amongst my family here, they are the norm, not the oddity!
    Who ever said you weren't odd??? At least you're our kind of odd I guess
    I apologize for nothing...