Thread: Book: The Knowldge

Book: The Knowldge

The Knowledge: How to Rebuild Our World from Scratch by Lewis Dartnell

I don't even remember where I got tuned into this book, maybe a blog or possibly Coast to Coast radio; wherever it was I am so glad I decided to pick it up (got it from Amazon).

Dartnell begins with hypotheticals (viruses, emps, climate change, etc) that lead to a reboot of humanity. He delves into Mad Maxish scenarios, but he doesn't end there (happily.) The premise and purpose of the book is to look at how we go beyond the reset and get back a modern society. It takes the technologies that early humans discovered, employed, and transformed and examines the steps needed for us to do the same, in the absence of knowledge caused by a reset.

None of this is mind blowing. We already know the 'what' and the 'why', it's the 'how' that is intriguing - The understanding of the science and the chemistry - The thinking and examining the chain of events that will need to take place to facilitate it. I like to think of myself as relatively crafty, and could possibly go on for a time primitively if something were to happen, but after reading this book I see that is where I would (and many of us - including future generations) would stall, leaving us on a loooooong journey to rebuild.

All in all, if nothing else, it's an interesting look into the what if, and at its best, it's a wonderful resource to kick into gear the need to acquire more knowledge.

Do you have a robot?
    Thanks for the review, I'm going to take a look.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

I'll most likely shit myself

Put it on my wish list on Amazon.