Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US foreign Policy

I'll most likely shit myself

US foreign Policy

I haven't saw any discussion about the current situation in Syria. Here is a story I thought was interesting.

The Largest US Foreign Policy Blunder Since Vietnam Is Complete: Iran Readies Massive Syrian Ground Invasion

On Thursday, in “Mid-East Coup: As Russia Pounds Militant Targets, Iran Readies Ground Invasions While Saudis Panic”, we attempted to cut through all of the Western and Russian media propaganda on the way to describing what Moscow’s involvement in Syria actually portends for the global balance of power. Here are a few excerpts that summarize what’s taking shape in the Middle East:
    Putin looks to have viewed this as the ultimate geopolitical win-win. That is, Russia gets to i) expand its influence in the Middle East in defiance of Washington and its allies, a move that also helps to protect Russian energy interests and preserves the Mediterranean port at Tartus, and ii) support its allies in Tehran and Damascus thus preserving the counterbalance to the US-Saudi-Qatar alliance.
    Meanwhile, Iran gets to enjoy the support of the Russian military juggernaut on the way to protecting the delicate regional nexus that is the source of Tehran’s Mid-East influence. It is absolutely critical for Iran to keep Assad in power, as the loss of Syria to the West would effectively cut the supply line between Iran and Hezbollah.
    It would be difficult to overstate the significance of what appears to be going on here. This is nothing short of a Middle Eastern coup, as Iran looks to displace Saudi Arabia as the regional power broker and as Russia looks to supplant the US as the superpower puppet master.
    In short, the Pentagon’s contention that Russia and Iran have formed a Mid-East “nexus” isn’t akin to the Bush administration’s hollow, largely bogus attempt to demonize America’s foreign policy critics in the eyes of the public by identifying an “axis of evil.” Rather, the Pentagon’s assessment was an attempt to come to grips with a very real effort on the part of Moscow and Tehran to tip the scales in the Mid-East away from Riyadh and Washington.
    Solidifying the Assad regime in Syria serves to shore up Hezbollah and presents Tehran with an opportunity to assert itself in the name of combatting terror. The latter point there is critical. The West has long contended that Iran is the world’s foremost state sponsor of terror, and the Pentagon has variously accused the Quds Force of orchestrating attacks on US soldiers in Iraq after cooperation between Washington and Tehran broke down in the wake of Bush’s “axis of evil” comment.

Here is the link to the rest of the story.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-1...e-syrian-groun

I will post some other stories I have seen for further discussion.

Do you have a robot?
    Well it is interesting as to who we are supporting, the “moderate rebels”. And we aren’t doing a very good job since we can’t seem to find enough to train to become a viable force. If they were to win, they would probably end up like Iran and turn on us. The one common ground here is no one appears to like ISIS. If you want to look at this from a western religious standpoint the Assad government is the only player who is not persecuting Christians for the time being. I see the US in a no win situation. The only way we could come out of this to our advantage would be to remove all the Syrians and start over again. No matter what, this situation with ISIS will have to be resolved by someone. ISIS is a magnet for foreign fighters. Their ranks have doubled over this past year. They have done a great job on social media recruiting new people. One things about the Russians getting involved is they are not politically correct so the gloves will come off, it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I would say it would be a good time for those who we support to go underground and wait out the storm.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Well it is interesting as to who we are supporting, the “moderate rebels”. And we aren’t doing a very good job since we can’t seem to find enough to train to become a viable force. If they were to win, they would probably end up like Iran and turn on us. The one common ground here is no one appears to like ISIS. If you want to look at this from a western religious standpoint the Assad government is the only player who is not persecuting Christians for the time being. I see the US in a no win situation. The only way we could come out of this to our advantage would be to remove all the Syrians and start over again. No matter what, this situation with ISIS will have to be resolved by someone. ISIS is a magnet for foreign fighters. Their ranks have doubled over this past year. They have done a great job on social media recruiting new people. One things about the Russians getting involved is they are not politically correct so the gloves will come off, it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I would say it would be a good time for those who we support to go underground and wait out the storm.
    Just not sure the ones we support are worth supporting. Hopefully Russia will spend a few trillion of their dollars fighting the islamo-fascists so we don't have to. Assad has shielded Syrian Jews and Christians in the past, so who are the REAL bad guys? Anyone?
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

IMO we have been backing (CIA) ISIS and the free Syrian Army which are tearing Syria apart. Just like we did in Lybia. For that matter AlQuadia in Afghanistan in the 80s. For all the crap Assad is blamed with, he still had a stable country. Like Lybia when Kadaffi was removed and Iraq after Hussien, it will desinegrate when he is removed. All this is putting more pressure on Isreal and at some point they will turn loose the dogs.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 10-08-2015 at 01:01 AM.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    First, let me get this strait, under the current P0TU, we have a foreign policy??

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do you have a robot?
    Of course we have a foreign policy. Didn't he just travel to Hawaii.......ah.........Alaska.........Oregon..... ..never mind....can he have a fund raiser in a foreign country???
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Of course we have a foreign policy. Didn't he just travel to Hawaii.......ah.........Alaska.........Oregon..... ..never mind....can he have a fund raiser in a foreign country???
    All 57 states.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Theres actually 58 states you dumb asses, listen to the video more carefully... Hes been to 57, with 1 left to go.

AFAIK 57 + 1 = 58

So your wrong, there are *58* states in the united states.

;-\
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Holy crap. Where did this idiot come from...oh wait Kenya, yeah that's it. Guess they don't teach US history there.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 10-09-2015 at 12:40 AM.

You no longer need to be born in the US to be a US president, didnt you get the memo?

Guys... do I have to do all the research for ya?!?!

Shopping ebay now for a "I 'heart' Obama" bumper sticker, anyone want to do a group buy??

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"