Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flu

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Here's a recipe. I think the reason my mom used the concentrate juice and not cool aid, is the fructose levels would be higher in juice than Kool aid.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make.../Final-recipe/
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    Weird. I'll have to look it up and see if I can make my own
    Unless yer a chemist it's not even worth it. Arm and hammer is dirt cheap in stores.... So stock up now and you'll have a lifetime supply...

Oops... You meant the sports drink lol. I meant baking soda (yes I researched how to naturally obtain it)

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    Sodium bicarbonate. That was my response when she told me that too.
    A bit of a deviation, but yeah... I use about a 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in a 16 oz glass of water for bad heartburn (if I eat something that doesnt agree with me, not too frequent).

Its Alka Seltzer, without the asprine and fizzy stuff. For me (YMMV) Alka Seltzer (or better, just baking soda) works best! Take a look at the contents of Alka Seltzer, sodium bicarb is the part that does the heartburn relief..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alka-Seltzer

Back on topic, Gatorade is good for an electrolyte replacement... (but dont recall any sodium bicarb in the contents) but it is a bit expensive. A good while back, I compared the labels of a tub of Gatorade and a tub of Tang (you know, the astronaut drink for you older folks!), theres not a significant difference between the two but check and decide for yourself. Tang cost a lot less.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Walking on Sunshine

One remedy mom gave us kids for upset tummies is flat/warm Vernor's ginger ale. We'd have to sip it a little at a time but it seemed to work in settling the stomach. don't know if any other brand of ginger ale would work but being from Detroit we always had Vernor's on hand.

finally pooped
    In school they used to give is Coke syrup. No idea why and nobody uses it anymore.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman Survival View Post
    Plantain seeds. Not the fruit, the weed. Pick the spikes and dry them. Remove the seeds and grind them. Excellent for the bottom end of your problem. The psyllium is a great binding agent, if you know what I mean. The rest of the plant has beautiful medicinal properties as well.
    I've been trying to kill that shit off in my yard for years. lol!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

When I have the heartburn, like some others, I use a little, about 1/2 tsp. baking soda in a about 8 oz. of water. DISCLAIMER for the lawyers: I am not a physician, but I have been told that if you use too much sodium bicarb (baking soda) it can have bad effects on the heart.

Vernor's ale, ginger ale are excellent for settling the stomach. We keep a 6 pack of Canada Dry ginger ale around for those emergencies. You can also find ginger capsules at most health food stores.

Do you have a robot?
    We used to use flat 7UP growing up. Now there is so much out there the kids still will go for the 7UP over other things. We are creatures of habit.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.