Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 299 Days

may be in trouble

Got it...

... and now my former speedreading capability is coming back, albeit not as much or as fast as I would have liked.

I've not finished the decalogy yet. Gotta admit the events in the first two books alone, in spots, were/are way too likely, if not already prepared for by the RL regime in place now.

In TOM SAWYER, Twain laid out a difference between "Work" and "Play".

"Work" was what one HAD to do.

"Play" was what one WANTED to do.

Going along to get along, feed one's family, keep a roof overhead... That's WORK. Dirty and difficult some times, but it MUST be done.

Being a politician, for all intents and purposes, is PLAY.

With OTHER peoples' lives.

Oh... I note "Gadsden yellow" and "FC yellow". The branch color for armor units in the Army is yellow (Infantry is blue, Artillery is red, Medical is maroon, etc)... but not much armor in here so far.

gotta dive back in ; its my day off.

Kesephist

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Im feeling the FC helmets will at some point make nice targets...

Im on book 5, they just put some nice folks on a horse and sent the horse away... but the people stayed back. (Figure that one out guys! If you are reading the series, thats funny!)

As far as Grant being a "politician", at least he is trying to steer the boat into calm waters and keep it there.. thats proper politics.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

may be in trouble

OK... done.

Why
    WhyWHY aren't more people reading this?

Or are they, and just not paying it mind?

Aside from the light mist of mystical...None of the tech in here is too terribly off the mark.

Kesephist

K- You seriously need to download the first year of The Survivalist Podcast and LISTEN to every one! Spirco has a GREAT way of explaining things, much better than me...

If you for some reason cant get them, let me know Ill burn you a DVD of the MP3s..

Your question is awesome, and he answers it pretty well... its about "waking up", when you hear a Patriot talk about him/her being "awake", it is the mind of truth, what is really going on... not the normalcy bias like is talked about in 299.

If you ever saw The Matrix (awesome movie, and every Patriot should see it, because the analogies IMHO have a direct coloration) Its like taking the blue pill or the red pill... once you are in the awake state, you can NEVER go back (though some do...). You wonder how the hell did you NOT see all this before!

Being awake SUCKS honestly. Id much rather be back in my dream state, I was "happier" then But here it is, here I am... Im awake and cant go back to sleep, I cant see that happening... Im too long unplugged from the Matrix.

EB

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention, after the first year of podcast, Jack goes off into a deep rabbit hole of gat dam permiculture and never comes back to his roots... Reminds me a bit of Charlie Sheen (you never coming back bro).

Permiculture is valuable and has it's place... but I think its his "everything"" now... WTF ever...

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo
    Your question is awesome, and he answers it pretty well... its about "waking up", when you hear a Patriot talk about him/her being "awake", it is the mind of truth, what is really going on... not the normalcy bias like is talked about in 299.

If you ever saw The Matrix (awesome movie, and every Patriot should see it, because the analogies IMHO have a direct correlation) Its like taking the blue pill or the red pill... once you are in the awake state, you can NEVER go back (though some do...). You wonder how the hell did you NOT see all this before!

Being awake SUCKS honestly. Id much rather be back in my dream state, I was "happier" then But here it is, here I am... Im awake and cant go back to sleep, I cant see that happening... Im too long unplugged from the Matrix.
    I get it. I don't like it much. But it's not like I had that much option. Or have one now, come to that, or I wouldn't still be here.

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo
    You seriously need to download the first year of The Survivalist Podcast
    No, I'm doing my deadlevel best orbiting the perimeter of the event horizon of that black hole. "299 Days" took me as close as I dare come. The deepest I got with that was that (IMO) piece of Pro-California hyper-propaganda known as WARDAY. Such a swallowing piece of abject literary fellatio I've never seen before or since. Limited nuclear war, and California not touched? GMAMFB. Kunetka should have stuck with writing about the infancy of nukes, and Streiber about his damn werewolves and Greys. (/IMO)

Kesephist

Where's the epi?

Ok, I guess I've been off the Res too long. Never heard of this....
    I apologize for nothing...

Do you have a robot?
    Kesephist the reason why California wasn't touch is because we are the chosen ones.........who could not like California? Now the question who did the choosing well we probably shouldn't go there.......
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Kesephist the reason why California wasn't touch is because we are the chosen ones.........who could not like California? Now the question who did the choosing well we probably shouldn't go there.......

I'm gonna laugh like a madman when Six Californias passes.

Back to the OT...

299 appears to be predicated on a slower version of the money SHTF. Between you, me, and motto on the west side of the US Supreme Court House, it won't be a slow motion train-wreck.

The Free shi...Stuff Army this regime has raised will want their stuff where they want it, when they want it... like any other spoiled child. And they will not hesitate to go reiving and pillaging to get it when their EBT suddenly become worthless.

Nor are they the only head of such a Hydra. The CPUSA is still alive and well. What is left of the Klan. Other groups.

Not a slow motion train wreck at all, no. More like the swift break of a rack of balls on a pool table.

The glitterati will be out of country as fast as they can get their overly self-important asses out... complete with entourages and all the PMs they can grab. Them that don't, and decide to try and sit out the event in their multimillion dollar estates... welcome to being the first Ceacescus and Mussolinis of the 21st century.

All guesswork... 299 is too close to the bone for the sheeple to comfortably read in many spots. Hell, >I< was hard pressed in a place or two.

may be in trouble

Quote #1"299 appears to be predicated on a slower version of the money SHTF. Between you, me, and motto on the west side of the US Supreme Court House, it won't be a slow motion train-wreck.

The Free shi...Stuff Army this regime has raised will want their stuff where they want it, when they want it... like any other spoiled child. And they will not hesitate to go reiving and pillaging to get it when their EBT suddenly become worthless.

Nor are they the only head of such a Hydra. The CPUSA is still alive and well. What is left of the Klan. Other groups.

Not a slow motion train wreck at all, no. More like the swift break of a rack of balls on a pool table.

The glitterati will be out of country as fast as they can get their overly self-important asses out... complete with entourages and all the PMs they can grab. Them that don't, and decide to try and sit out the event in their multimillion dollar estates... welcome to being the first Ceacescus and Mussolinis of the 21st century.

All guesswork... 299 is too close to the bone for the sheeple to comfortably read in many spots. Hell, >I< was hard pressed in a place or two."

Quote #2"A question I pose to the folks that have read the WHOLE series....

Using a scale from 0 to 10, with 0 being "No way in the world" and 10 being "Absolutely dead on" ... how close do you think that this series is to the way the US goes into the late 2010s and then into the 2020s? "

Now that I HAVE read the whole series, I will endeavor to answer my own question... but in parts.

IMO...

A money crash in the next ten years? 8-9

Said crash in the slow motion configuration seen in 299 DAYS? 2-3.

Recovery in as brief a time as shown? 0-1

The author has got caught up in the idea of 'pushbutton war' and its counterpart, 'pushbutton recovery'. All very nice, but needs a robust infrastructure to work. Throwing more wrenches into the machinery of infrastructure does not make it work better, and what government there was throughout most of the decalogy was all about that. If you have a prayer of hoping that what is left after a collapse works, you do well to make sure the wrenches you're throwing are NOT hitting the people that were best at doing the 'pushbutton' thing.

Starting from about two months before the Collapse, to the end of full hostilities ( and yes, even in 299verse there will be pockets needing dealing with ) and a year after that for '43'... the series should have been composed and written under the title '2099 Days'.

Kesephist

I just started book 6, The Crew is in training with The Team, but there is conflict on the horizon, anytime an SF shows up, theres gonna be gorilla action soon... The little incident at the power plant may not be over as they think, having the lone wolf FC try to throw weight around and never reporting back may have some recourse..

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"