Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 299 Days

finally pooped

299 Days

Well since everyone seems to want to talk about it, we may as well start this. Just finished chapter 15 last night. Got the first 5 books on standby. If anyone needs them let me know.

I find his writing style is really difficult to get into. He's a little too insightful about the character personally for me but at least it isn't written like a Tom Clancy novel about the government aspect of it.

Do you have a robot?
    Want me to tell you how it turns out? Just kidding. It is a good series. I do like the way things for their community was set up. I need to read it over again some day.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

finally pooped
    Just finished it last night, now to read the second one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

Do you have a robot?
    Well it sounds like you will not be getting stuff done until the series is read. Hope you wife is understanding. I find when I get some of these series' I just drop everything and read. There are times when I actively avoid books so I can get things done.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    My old Kindle is by the bed, waiting for me when I lay down a little early to unwind. Im half way done with the first book.

Sure, his writing style is not quite like the big names, but Im not having any problem following it, there are some of the "other" writers that have done a lot worse.. so Im pretty happy.

Hes about to leave his government auditor job, and I dont blame him... being surrounded with sin all day and you cant speak out would be like.... being a corrections officer! HA HA!

Looking forward to finishing the first book... he just got a Glock but he has failed to locate a PAIR OF BALLS. The relationship is kinda interesting and I oddly and wondering how this is going to pan out when the matrix goes down...

EB
    Last edited by ElevenBravo; 10-17-2015 at 03:08 PM.
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

finally pooped
    The scenario in this book is one that I never really expected or paid attention to. I always assumed it would be from an attack outside our country or our citizens rebelling against the government. Though it does make sense that the government is stupid enough to sabotage itself.

This type of scenario for me would be less alarming than any of the others because there would still be tons of people trying to prolong the collapse and cling to what was left of the organization vs a nuclear attack where things fall apart instantly and everyone panics.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    the government is stupid enough to sabotage itself.
    Its been going on for too long already, its like the turd that is circling the bowl caught in the swirl and cant escape, eventually it goes down the tube.

Spend more than you make, raise taxes, print more money which reduces the buying power, repeat over and over and the turd eventually flushes.

This country is in fact a soft fascist state and that is a recipe for disaster.

It started with Jekyel Island (Sp?) and been swirling for doom ever since.. It actually started sooner but that was a turning point. We have been on the racetrack to financial destruction since before my birth...

I think his observations are pretty accurate, and if there is a matrix down situation to be had, I think this is the most probable.

The progressives are all about BIG gov and they know whats best for us and pass laws, raise taxes to push there agenda. There mindset is askew, I honestly think they are not in touch with us, the people. I know they dont represent ME. But, the problem is... they are in charge.

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

may be in trouble

For those that have already read the decalogy

I've read the snippets that Amazon allows, and thinking real hard about getting a prepaid debit card to purchase all ten books.

A question I pose to the folks that have read the WHOLE series....

Using a scale from 0 to 10, with 0 being "No way in the world" and 10 being "Absolutely dead on" ... how close do you think that this series is to the way the US goes into the late 2010s and then into the 2020s?

Me, I don't know. It would be hugely hypocritical, at this time, for me to opine; I've not read the whole series. So I'll admit to not knowing enough to say, and relying on those that DO know enough to say.

Kesephist

Do you have a robot?
    I give it a possibility of a 2, however that is not to say it isn't a good read......

Without giving it a time frame, I give it a possibility of 6-7. I think the fall of the fiat dollar is the greatest risk we have, but 1S1S might beat that to the punch...

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"