Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back, kinda

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.

Back, kinda

the move went well. just long doing it mostly alone. don't remember if i said anything to everybody, i know i did to a couple thru PM. i have moved! out of town, at the end of a road surrounded by TREES! close to 2 ac. can run around nekkid if i want. lots of cleaning up to do the last folks that were here, were afraid of a trash bag. LOL crap every where. been to the dump with 4 4 x 8 trailer loads of JUNNK! furniture, beds, trash and old useless building materials...

the property needs to be cleaned up as well. trees cut and more of it cleared out. the underbrush is terrible. i will keep you up to date as go along...

rob
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

For the Love of Cats

That's awesome dude!! You're going to love being out of town! Post up some pics when you can!!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    I think that is AWESOME! Wish I could do something similar...

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I'll most likely shit myself

Congrats on the move Rob! I look forward to seeing what you have and make it in to.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Awesome, but what is a "old useless building material" I reuse almost any piece of metal or wood I have. I got a huge pile of it, and I get stuff out all the time.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

well the long and short of it is... lil sister's best friend, since they were kids, her dad passed. the middle daughter owns the property and wants someone here too watch over it, to keep the oldest daughter from destroying it. keep it up and safe, in return for a place that i/we can do anything we want too. the nephew was living here with the grandfather, and he was welcome to stay, but he didn't want to help out around here. so he left. they left the property in sad shape. crap everywhere. it's a mess, but will be worth it in the end.

there is a little creek that runs behind the place, freshwater is here... there is plenty of game here to hunt. i am going too feed them up and see just what is here. i have seen/heard the squirrels, deer tracks, foxes and a few rabbits. there is a place for a garden... need to run some water closer and start prepping for the spring.

it's a 3bed, 2 bath on almost 2 ac. with a 16' x 24 building. i was told i could do anything i wanted with it, so as it turns out, i am going to turn it into an apartment for ME! it needs to be finished out. have wired most of it, need to finish, but it needs insulation and wall board. i have looked at Lowes and decided on the bead board siding. give it that 'cabin' feel. it's going to be a slow process, as money permits type of thing. 2x4 walls, thinking about adding a 1x2 strip to make it 2x6 for better insulation value. the summers here get hot. : ) it also needs a bathroom added, not a biggie, just more money. i want to add a bigger porch/deck before next spring/summer.

the neat part is, now i can expand my bees like i want! lots of trees, water and space = plenty of honeybees. and plenty of room for the puppies to run around.

helo- the building materials are rotted, rusty and no good. the grandfather was a hoarder and kept everything... tile pieces, electrical supplies, etc. but none of it was any good, it was left outside to the elements.

ST- no before pics, but i will shoot you some during pics. : ) and then some final pics.

part of the reason of me not being here, i had to build a new computer. i went with AMD this time. i found a good deal on motherboard, processor and memory on Craigslist. it runs very well.

as follows

AMD Phenom 2 970 Quad Core 3.5 GHZ
    ASUS M4A78T-E Motherboard
    8 GB Mushkin DDR3 10700 memory
    added 4 GB Micron Tech DDR3 10700
    Cooler Master V650 650 watt power supply
    NVIDIA 9800 GT 1 GB Video Card 256 bit
    Seagate 500 GB HD (operating system)
    Western Digital 160 GB HD (storage)
    SD Card Reader

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

Do you have a robot?
    Welcome back. Sounds like you really have your work cut out for you. The place sounds great! I have never been up to your part of the state only down by Clearwater. I am assuming you are comfortable with this being a long term event otherwise all your hard work would be for nothing. I can't remember the area being hit by a hurricane, are you at risk? Sounds like you and the owner both made out.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Welcome back. Sounds like you really have your work cut out for you. The place sounds great! I have never been up to your part of the state only down by Clearwater. I am assuming you are comfortable with this being a long term event otherwise all your hard work would be for nothing. I can't remember the area being hit by a hurricane, are you at risk? Sounds like you and the owner both made out.
    there are days worth of work still left to do. : ) yes sir, i am very comfortable with the situation. we have known the family for 26 yrs. i sat down with the middle and youngest daughters, we had a long talk about everything. they both work in DC, so coming back here to check on things every weekend is out. it's been a while since we have been hit. but. we are due... (fingers crossed, dancing nekkid, sacrificing a small toad... : ) LMAO!) mostly we st get me wind and rain.

Do you have a robot?
    You know dancing around the fire naked while sacrificing the toad only works if you are drinking whiskey at the same time. You left out the whiskey some you better do something about it quick or you will get hit........

Sounds even better since you know the family. I liked you offered the nephew a place.....it might have been better but gosh you expected him to work, whats up with that. Any chance you could buy the place or is it too much? I just have thing about putting the work into something I may not be able to keep. The most important thing is have fun......
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

i guess a couple of shots wouldn't hurt. : )

damn the nephew... lazy bastard... the deal was, he was welcome to stay, i was going to help him get his drivers license and help him find a job. all he had to do was help around here. he lied, stole and swung on me. so he had to go. still hasn't been back to get the rest of his stuff. it's going to storage and he can deal with the aunts.

as far as buying the place??? have thought about buying the adjoining property. going to look into it after the 1st of the year. no worries about doing all this/anything for free. the sisters don't want to move back here to the house.(family issues) when and if they do come back, there is a place for them to visit. the middle one wants to build on the back side of the property one day. as for me/us getting kicked out, not a chance. i have it in writing. it's called a Living Lease...