Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iran... US Navy ships/boats... thoughts?

Bacon saver

It doesn't jive with last night's phoncon. But hey, I am a media fan ya know.............keep up the good work brother.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I'll most likely shit myself

Just picked it up from another source. Thought I'd pass it on and see if I could cobberate

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Just picked it up from another source. Thought I'd pass it on and see if I could cobberate
    This is what intell gathering is all about. Find every piece of information you can, see what connects. Don't disregard anything, it might fit......somewhere. I found that article pretty damn interesting and passed it, I'm waiting to see what the response is. Thanks BP. I'll just say for now that this is not what's coming from the "community".

I figured you still had enough contacts that you would be able to get some scoop on it. I really hope that is not the case.

Bacon saver

I figured you still had enough contacts that you would be able to get some scoop on it. I really hope that is not the case.
    Well ya know I've been pretty pissed since the whole thing came down. The community is going to get turned upside down thanks to this stunt. They are already feeling the pain. Again, wrong crew for the job in question but that's just my opinion.

I figured some heads would roll over it. Still don't understand river boats in middle of the gulf.

Bacon saver

OH, you should go visit it sometime. You and the better half would love it! Seas are almost always calm, losta sea snakes. The fishing is outstanding, REALLY! I have seen many a feeding frenzies over sheep carcasses that have been thrown over the side from the livestock haulers. (Do not get downwind of one of these things)Scary thing is when they bloat they look like mines, sooooo we have "high speed engagement" on said "minelike" object. Of course after we've investigated this rancid thing. Good training for the crews, you ever tried to hit and target doing around 40 knots (on an unpredictable platform) with a set of twin 50's, single 50, M-240, or the ol' fun gun Mk-19 40mm chain gun? This is a challenge, it's frustrating but it's your and your crews asses if you don't take it out. High speed low drag, serious crew coordination. You really have to have a "TEAM" when it comes to your crew.

But seriously there were times I had my ass handed to me in those waters and as I write this I still feel the pain and memories from those nights and days. Once you exit the straights of Hormuz you can SEE the change in sea state.

Oh other points of interest, the salinity is so high that even I can float without aid. (I'm a rock) It's the most consistently polluted waters I've ever swam or sailed (except off the coast of Naples Italy, Karachi Pakistan and, Djibouti) It's a body of water not a port. It always has this sheen on it. When it gets "hot" were talking 120+ it's fucking miserable out there. But it's a paycheck! HOO-YAH!

Holy shite! ������ Sounds like more fun than a barrel of....goats.

Lot of stuff I don't realize for sure. I'm betting lots of details yet to come on the incident as well.

may be in trouble

I figured some heads would roll over it. Still don't understand river boats in middle of the gulf.
    Wikipedia indicates that the PG is on the average about 50 m deep and the deepest parts about 90 m. Relatively shallow draft is prolly the rule, not the exception.

I knew it's not the deepest body around, but it is big enough to keep a carrier in and maneuver.
    I always wondered about that. I never thought they had enough room for a battle group to do their normal routine during battle operations against another navy in an area that small. I know Iran don't have a huge regular navy, but still figured that had enough anti shipping missle's to inflict heavy damage if they wanted to.
    Again just shows how little I know about the Navy