Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to get rid of coyotes?

For the Love of Cats

A rabbit crying is very reminiscent of a baby crying. And personally, unless it was a survival situation, I think that is an unnecessary action.

You can, buy yourself a few nice steaks, and collect the blood, you can buy an electronic call to bring in yotes (including an injured rabbit call). Also, if you know anyone with a dog in heat, you can use it's musk to bring in the yotes too. I did this a few years back with my Brother in law's husky. I used rags to wipe her hocks, and then hung the rags in some trees along a clear shooting line. I ran out of daylight before I ran out of yotes.

If you are worried about a through and through... I would seriously consider a call, or bait or scent, as you can lure them in to a safe kill zone.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do you have a robot?
    If you have ever used a decoy they work great. The way it works, it looks like a fox tail which moves around in a jerky motion. Coupled with an electronic call the coyotes come in at a run. We use them in the middle of the night and use flashlights. I have always been cautious of light when moving around at night. But when hunting coyotes they do not care about the light. Once they start in on the decoy if you turn the light on they ignore it and will come at a run. So if you were using a 22 that would be a way to get them in closer.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

finally pooped
    Upper peninsula in Michigan permits baiting of almost all animals, including deer, nuisance animals and bear.

As far as it being necessary, no.

But I don't think the sound on a decoy is the same. To me it doesn't sound authentic.

Also, there is a broad line between how to treat animals and humans. I grew up in the country. I raised a calf from a newborn to full grown and then killed and butchered it myself. It's just life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

I've killed coyotes in South Texas with .22 rifle. No problem.

Our area was hit by fire last June. A large portion of the hills just to the north (about 125 yards from our home) was burned and it seemed to take care of the problem. I am sure the 'yotes ended up relocating. However there is a nursery under the power lines behind the homes across from us. We know from workers at the nursery that a yote gave birth to pups a few months back and at least 3 pups were maturing. That would mean most likely 5 of them around now. While I have not personally spotted them this spring, many of my neighbors report sightings. Many neighbors will start calls letting those with animals to keep the pets inside.

Now it appears the larger problem is raccoons hitting my orange tree!