Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Readyman Survival Cards

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...

Readyman Survival Cards

OK, I will just get it out in the open...no, not that, that is for a different post. I'm a sucker for small gadgets...that may or not work. Usually they don't work, but you don't know until someone you know tries them and tells you they work. Well, I'm not that guy this time because I haven't tried it yet...but I did buy it. I ordered the Readyman survival card. They have several listed on the site. There is one for cleaning an AR-15, and 2 that look like lock picks, but I will talk only about the one I have. It is the size of a credit card, is made from shiny 1/2 ml thick stainless steel. You can fold off what ever tool you need from the card and leave on the rest. The card contains 1 trident for spear fishing, 5 double fish hooks, 4 single fish hooks, 2 needles, 1 awl, 1 foldable tweasers, 1 traditional arrow head, 1 arrowhead for small game, and one saw blade for wood on one side, and small teeth on the other edge, and 4 oval snare locks/fishing spoons. It looks like everything on it will be useful in a SHTF situation. $12.95 including shipping.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Domeguy; 02-14-2016 at 05:40 AM.

finally pooped
    I've seen a lot of cards like these popping up recently. Arrows, saws, escape and evasion tools. All kinds of things. I'm hesitant to buy any of them because of how thin they are. Let me know how you like it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

The one I've got is 1/2 ml thick, I would think they would be better at least 1 ml thick. Although they say they went through extensive testing before they chose 1/2 ml. The fish hooks, needles, and awl I think are good at 1/2 ml, and might be to bulky at one ml. The arrowhead, trident, and saw could be thicker, so I guess it's a compromise.

For the Love of Cats

Ok, so you've had this thing for almost 24 hrs, where's the review? I would think that you would have spent the day fishing for cats, shooting arrows at them and then sawing them in half!!

How did it fare?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Well...you might think that. But it I tear it into little tiny bits to try them, then it no longer fits into my GHB without a lot of Gorilla tape. But I have something in the works...stay tuned.

For the Love of Cats

test this one, and if it passes... then add another one to your kit. Hate to think you're laying your life on the line for a $13 untested gadget...

jus' sayin'

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Like I said, I have something in the works...stay tuned! Jus' sayin'.

For the Love of Cats

Damn... Now the Jeopardy theme song is playing in my head...

Well, make sure your answer is in the form of a question.
    Here is what I have in plan. I wrote to the Readyman company asking them if I could get any of the cards free or discounted to do a write up about them after testing them in the real world, and understood if the answer was no. NOTICE..I TOLD THEM IN NO WAY AM I DOING THIS AS A OWNER OF THE SITE, WITH NOTHING TO GAIN FROM IT, AND WAS JUST A MEMBER, NOTHING ELSE. That was almost 2 weeks ago, and I have heard nothing from them. I them wrote to 5G Farms about the cards they make. I have gotten 2 emails from them. They are reworking their cards, and will now make them from 1ml stainless steel, not 1/2 ml like Readymans cards. They will be ready within a few weeks and will ship me a few when they are ready...so look here in the next month or so to get an honest real world test on their new cards.

These are their current cards, I don't know what the new ones will look like.

[IMG][/IMG]