Thread: We got problems in the future....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    CC Gray Panther
    cannon fodder

may be in trouble

eagle326: "cannon fodder"

Must disagree. The described generation barely knows about firing anything larger than a weapon on a videogame, never mind a cannon... and would break and run at the least imperilment to their hides.

The very few who would not, and are at something useful, I have deep sympathy for. Especially the ones in uniform these past seven years. Zampolits instead of officers, and a CINC that isn't. Poor souls.

What's the saying... "The future is now."?

& such great fun it is to watch , ainit? Able to do little more than survive it and hope that of those so very few younger ones, there will be enough to rebuild without the crack of the whip and the clank of chains.

Kesephist
    KI7CIL, Tech Class

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    eagle326: "cannon fodder"

Must disagree. The described generation barely knows about firing anything larger than a weapon on a videogame, never mind a cannon... and would break and run at the least imperilment to their hides.

The very few who would not, and are at something useful, I have deep sympathy for. Especially the ones in uniform these past seven years. Zampolits instead of officers, and a CINC that isn't. Poor souls.

What's the saying... "The future is now."?

& such great fun it is to watch , ainit? Able to do little more than survive it and hope that of those so very few younger ones, there will be enough to rebuild without the crack of the whip and the clank of chains.

Kesephist
    KI7CIL, Tech Class
    Your 1st. sentence was exactly my point.Back in the old days Generals would throw all the bodies they had at the enemy. And they in turn would unleash the cannons and muskets or rifles in later times and decimate the on rushing hordes of enemy.

Thus the term ( cannon fodder )

may be in trouble

Must disagree, there, sir. The above described lot wouldn't know what to do with a cannon, and they aren't worth hacking to bits and stuffing into the piece as ammunition.

I wryly note that, while I have no heirs that would contribute to the solution, I also have no heirs that would contribute to the problem, having been careful not to leave heirs at all. And at 55, it's a little late.