Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am looking for a good open carry holster

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Thanks, but all those have a strap across the top. I don't like those, the one I am looking for has the button you hit with your thumb to release the lock on the trigger guard. No noticeable lock, and very fast. They make a bunch of them in kydex, but I like leather holsters.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

finally pooped
    I LIKE that bottom link. That one is purdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Ok helo, good luck with your unicorn hunt! Haha

LOL, no unicorn hunt. I already found one, still looking for more choices.

Do you have a robot?
    Helo depending upon what I am doing I carry outside the waist band a lot. Two thoughts, Kydex or leather our pretty much your construction materials unless you wanted to combine the two.

Leather - Most good leather holsters will run you around $100 to $150. As they get older they will stretch out and some become difficult to holster without the use of your other hand, which can lead to lasing your hand if you don't pay attention. Below are all great and I have used them.
    Desantis
    Bianchi
    Alessi
    Safariland

Kydex
    There are so many choices when it comes to Kydex it will make your head swim. They do not loose their shape and make it very easy to holster if need be. Now I want you to understand I do not buy a holster on just to make it easy to holster. No one has won a gunfight by speed holstering. I carried a Kydex holster everyday for seven years before it broke, the newer ones are even better. My recommendations are based on ones I have used but they are not all inclusive. I have been using the G Code for about 18 months now with a lot of luck. The thing I like about it is modular, I can switch from my 1911 to my S&W. All mine have the thumb release hoods because it is the same as the Safariland 6004 and the Raptor which I used to carry.

G Code
    Crossbreed
    Blade tech
    Safariland
    Raven Concealment
    Comp-Tac

I did not include the Blackhawk Serpa because some of the places I train do not allow them. The reason is when sand or small rocks get into the release mechanism you are screwed. However one guy I work with a lot has used one for years and has never had a problem so I leave that to you.

One last thing I do not recommend the Fobus at all, they break. Stay away from any Kydex holster which is held together by rivets, because that is the fail point.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

W
    Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Helo depending upon what I am doing I carry outside the waist band a lot. Two thoughts, Kydex or leather our pretty much your construction materials unless you wanted to combine the two.

Leather - Most good leather holsters will run you around $100 to $150. As they get older they will stretch out and some become difficult to holster without the use of your other hand, which can lead to lasing your hand if you don't pay attention. Below are all great and I have used them.
    Desantis
    Bianchi
    Alessi
    Safariland

Kydex
    There are so many choices when it comes to Kydex it will make your head swim. They do not loose their shape and make it very easy to holster if need be. Now I want you to understand I do not buy a holster on just to make it easy to holster. No one has won a gunfight by speed holstering. I carried a Kydex holster everyday for seven years before it broke, the newer ones are even better. My recommendations are based on ones I have used but they are not all inclusive. I have been using the G Code for about 18 months now with a lot of luck. The thing I like about it is modular, I can switch from my 1911 to my S&W. All mine have the thumb release hoods because it is the same as the Safariland 6004 and the Raptor which I used to carry.

G Code
    Crossbreed
    Blade tech
    Safariland
    Raven Concealment
    Comp-Tac

I did not include the Blackhawk Serpa because some of the places I train do not allow them. The reason is when sand or small rocks get into the release mechanism you are screwed. However one guy I work with a lot has used one for years and has never had a problem so I leave that to you.

One last thing I do not recommend the Fobus at all, they break. Stay away from any Kydex holster which is held together by rivets, because that is the fail point.
    I disagree 1000% with rivets being a failure point on a holster. If your talking about Fobus holsters failing at the rivets, that's different. Fobus rivets 2 clam shells of injection molded material, not kydex, and it is SUPER brittle. I've never had a kydex holster fail other than me being stupid and not using Loctite on the screws. I have seen kydex loops that were riveted onto a holster fail, but it was due to the material being too thin, it didn't fail at the rivet.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Anything and everything made by Fobus is a piece of shit.
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I absolutely love my safariland als, but it is not leather.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Do you have a robot?
    AK that is what I meant the Fobus. They are junk.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Well the one I wanted has been discontinued. That sucks