Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alcohol Filtration with Water Filter System

finally pooped
    Alright, that's what I thought but it never hurts to hope

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

If you are not looking to spend much on vodka you can filter Popov or Fleischman's four or five times and improve the taste greatly while significantly reducing hangover potential. You won't really be improving the flavor, so you may not be able to turn the cheap stuff in Grey Goose, but at least you'll get something cheap and drinkable. Works for gin too. When I get to the end of the useful life of a water filter I always do this - not advisable to put vodka through your Berkey before you are ready to replace it. TRUST ME!

may be in trouble

I'll stick with my Jack in the Black as it comes out of its square bottle. Motlow and them put much effort back in postwar Tennessee to come up with this stuff as it is. I count myself fortunate to be able to mix up instant coffee without poisoning myself, so trying to fiddle with JD... pass.

Good experimental effort, though, and yes, Mythbusters did the filtration shtick with vodka, but they used fresh filters, IIRC, and up to ten passes (not ten passes through the same filter, though; a fresh filter each time) and had pros taste test in the blind. Don't remember the outcome; likely it's on their site.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    All that work to make cheap palatable seems like a waste, unless your time is also worthless.
    Just buy better stuff to begin with.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Bacon saver

Throw some ice in it and let it slide..............I'm a Stoli's man myself. Always stuck with the "original" and used to get it on the way back from deployments duty free. About $4 a quart, that was a case per deployment for me. There were some benefits to being on a Navy ship.............SUPPLY AND DEMMAND! You wonder why we were stereo typed "like a drunken sailor"??????
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Just do what the man on the platform says and just stick to drinking the Koolaide.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Why spend the money for a filter? Just put that money into buying better quality hooch.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Throw some ice in it and let it slide..............I'm a Stoli's man myself. Always stuck with the "original" and used to get it on the way back from deployments duty free. About $4 a quart, that was a case per deployment for me. There were some benefits to being on a Navy ship.............SUPPLY AND DEMMAND! You wonder why we were stereo typed "like a drunken sailor"??????
    BWRR, during the Bad Old Days, and even now, Ivan produced this brown vodka called Starka...

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH.....

designated as an export only item, but the big shots could still lay hands on it. Last I heard, it was going for about $100 per liter, and the better bars here in Vegas, last I heard, were doing shots at $20 per.

Had one shot once. I can't drink any more vodka for the rest of my stretch, 'cause that shot was the top.

The barkeep was smart, he filled up an Old-fashioned glass 2/3 full of ice, put the shotglass in the ice, poured the (cooled bottle) Starka directly into the chilled shot, and let it sit a few minutes, THEN served.